E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Adaptive Headlight Failure...help!!

12-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
lyjw88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63S & X3MC

Adaptive Headlight Failure...help!!

I got my baby back from the body shop yesterday.

Since there was a serious damage on the passenger side's xenon headlight, the guy at the body shop replaced the whole headlight to a new one.

But I as soon as I started my car, there was an error message saying that the adaptive headlights were failed.

And I also noticed that the auto-leveling no longer works, moreover the new headlight's light angle is obviously lower than the driver side's headlight.

Is it just a software problem that needs to be reset at dealer?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Same thing happened to my E90. Accident occured and had a headlight replaced. $1300...sheesh. But anyways, got the car and turned it on, the lights didn't seem to go up/down. I turned the wheel left and right and they didn't move either. The collision guy told me it had to be reset. The headlight system was reset and all problems went away. But no error code of any failures or anything.

Was the body shop a BMW dealer body shop? If not, are they BMW certified? If they are neither of those, then take it to BMW for proper repair, unless the guy knows what he did wrong. He probably didn't reset that part of the headlight system right, OR installed something wrong OR used incompatible parts.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Take it to BMW collision and have them diagnose it.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Mine died a few months ago, the adaptive feature just stopped working for some reason. Took to the dealer and they replaced it for free
      09-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Is adaptive light control failed light related in anyway to having aftermarket led ae?
Appreciate 0