E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Need feedback on BMW of Mountain View

12-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
manxs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Cpe

Need feedback on BMW of Mountain View

Hey guys,

I just moved to the Bay area, and was hoping to get your feedback for a good service station. My car is due for its 1st oil change (15,000 miles in 10 months ) + some minor maintenance stuff. I am considering BMW of Mountain View. Any thoughts/feedback on these guys?

Also, I got my car in Feb-'07, do you think an upgrading the iDrive s/w will have any benefit?

For the first time after I bought the car I am going to give my car keys to someone else, so a bit paranoid!

Thanks,
Mayank

PS: If this is the wrong place to post, my apologies.

2007 328i Coupe - Sport, Premium, Comfort & Nav
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
guycollege
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i AT Electric Red

Yo Mayank...

No fears...i use Mt. View BMW, they're great. Call in to the appointment desk, let them know you're due for an oil change, let them know you will need a rental car or would like to use a loner...

Sometimes they will offer a car wash, (I wouldn't let them wash my car, they might scratch my paint).

They're great with fixing anything, just bring to their attention. Burnt interior lights, lose rubber shields in the mirrors...let them know...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
pacman
Lieutenant Colonel
India
Rep
Drives: 325i

i use bmw of moutain view all the time....they will give u a bmw loaner provided u make an early morning appointment (before 9AM) if they r out of bmw loaners u will get an enterprise rental..... sam bersamin is my service advisor and i highly recommend him... also make sure to let them know if u dont want them to wash ur car.
      12-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
manxs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Cpe

Thanks a lot for your feedback!!

I just dropped it off today, will update you guys how it went!

Manxs

2007 328i Coupe - Sport, Premium, Comfort & Nav
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
Safety2213
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Manual M-Sport

They are great - they even got me an oil cooler installed free of charge and I don't even have the sport package. They also pulled a fuel pump out of a car to replace my defective unit. Great guys - kinda a zoo in the morning but oh well. NEVER GO TO SF BMW, STEVENS CREEK OR PETER PAN those have nationally known BAD service and business practices. I bought my car from East Bay BMW and got a great deal; Weatherford and Sonnen are good as well.
Appreciate 0