BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

06-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

No Display Key for First Deliveries

Sorting through the videos that have emerged from the initial customer delivery event held at the Welt a couple days ago, I came across this one. It passes by quickly, but if you pause the video at 0:26 or 0:27 you will see the key being handed to the customer, and it is not the display key. Now I'm worried that our hopes for that cool key fob may be dashed. Scott26, can you provide any update on this?

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

I noticed it too in the original video (see Set 5) https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...em=node__8610#
The key(s) appear more often in this video and in each case, they can be seen to be the key which I saw at BMW UK's HQ (and previously posted a pic of: last pic in post #10).

As said before, BMW UK staff have been told the Display Key is no longer standard equipment, nor is it an option. I hope this position changes (especially before my i8 is due!), but it doesn't sound like it will any time soon.

I'm also not holding out any hope of better rear cupholders either (based on the first i8s that have been delivered)!

T
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Pitkis
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: i8 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Sorting through the videos that have emerged from the initial customer delivery event held at the Welt a couple days ago, I came across this one. It passes by quickly, but if you pause the video at 0:26 or 0:27 you will see the key being handed to the customer, and it is not the display key.
These first cars were just media case for BMW. Fitted with lasers but who knows what kind of like exceptions they had just to get delivered and FAST. So, I'd say that whatever you see included or not included in the specs of these eight cars tell not much about scheduled customer deliveries.