E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > For Sale: Csl Bootlid - New pics added!

05-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

For Sale: Csl Bootlid - New pics added!

Hi guys,

So as some of you may know i've caused a bit of mayhem in the last few weeks by mentioning that my CSL bootlid will be up for sale soon.

Well today I've finally had a chance to give it a clean and wax.

It's currently painted in Black Sapphire Metallic, I think the paint code is 475. However as most of you would know with any replica pieces it may tend to go wavy which mine has slightly on the top surface that would have had the most exposure to the sun. However this isn't nothing any good bodyshop would be able to repaint and fix...chances are you're going to do that anyway if your car isn't Black Sapphire Metallic.

I purchased the bootlid in 2011 from Teddy at SSDD-Motorsport and has served me well for the last 3 years. It's also rock solid and the fitment is pretty much spot on and I know people who had seen this on my car can vouch for this.

I'll also include a free boot handle which has the built in locking mechanism and just needs to be plugged into your existing wiring. And some LED licence plate lights I had laying around.

It will fit a normal E92 and a E92 M3. Not a E90/91/93

Anyway, I'm looking for £300 for all of this or any sensible offers. Pick up only please...this is too big to arrange a courier or pack for, even I had to pick it up from Teddy's warehouse when I bought it.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by ibz.s.b; 05-31-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Oooh nice. Interested and dibs please. You got pics fitted to your car?!
      05-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Oooh nice. Interested and dibs please. You got pics fitted to your car?!
fuck me .. do you get an email alert each time a new thread is posted ?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DEE View Post
fuck me .. do you get an email alert each time a new thread is posted ?
HAHA! Don't hate a player

Just wanna see some pics and that's it
      05-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
HAHA! Don't hate a player

Just wanna see some pics and that's it
I'm currently out at the moment but will update with pics later on tonight when I'm home again!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

I had the same thing on my M3. The fitment is excellent.

See my old for sale post for pictures.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952858
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
I had the same thing on my M3. The fitment is excellent.

See my old for sale post for pictures.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952858
Thanks for the help! I'll upload pics of when it was on my car anyway later on.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Damn, I just realised I have something going on in my boot so can't change it yet, No dibs on this sorry fella, GLWS!
      05-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Damn, I just realised I have something going on in my boot so can't change it yet, No dibs on this sorry fella, GLWS!
That's a shame...I've added the installed pics now
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
SpaceGreyOnBlack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Will take if you accept my PM!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
MaccyD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Looks like im already too late!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
Looks like im already too late!
Nope it's still available guys
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #13
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

bump!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #14
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I have a few questions, please:

- What is it made of? Is it metal?
- What's fitting like? Presumably everything needs to be rewired, etc. Does it require any special tools?
- Do you have a photo of the side profile of the car with it fitted?
- Do you have a photo of the wave? I'm Sapphire Black also and am wondering if it's bad enough to need redoing.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #15
Maaarkk
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92/E63

Garage List
2004 E63 645CI  [0.00]
2007 Bmw E92  [10.00]
Looks real nice, would love one of these.. good luck with it!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #16
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
I have a few questions, please:

- What is it made of? Is it metal?
- What's fitting like? Presumably everything needs to be rewired, etc. Does it require any special tools?
- Do you have a photo of the side profile of the car with it fitted?
- Do you have a photo of the wave? I'm Sapphire Black also and am wondering if it's bad enough to need redoing.

Thanks
Hey:

1) It is made out of high quality fibre reinfored plastic...this is the exact one I bought from SSDD-Motorsport: http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=662
2)As my pics show fitting is spot on, yes the wiring needs to be done but from what I'm told it's an easy job and whatever is currently on your car you use on this boot i.e. licence plate lights, wiring for locking mechanism, lights etc etc. Toolwise I wouldn't know I never bothered to fit it myself always had a bodyshop do it for me, you do need a carpenter tool to take out the grey prongs on your current boot carpet/lining but that's about it.
3)See 6th photo...can't find any full on side shots showing the boot at the moment.
4) Tried to capture the wave in 5th picture but generally it's quite hard to capture or even see in real life. But if you're picky about these things I'd get it redone. Although in my experience only people who properly knew cars realised it otherwise I didn't receive anything but praise on how good it looks. Regardless the boot itself is solid and the amount of waveyness it currently is is the most it'll ever get, hence why I never bothered to get it redone myself because it's at its most waveyness now and doesn't even look that bad.

Any other questions please feel free to ask!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #17
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahimbeg View Post
Hey:

1) It is made out of high quality fibre reinfored plastic...this is the exact one I bought from SSDD-Motorsport: http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=662
2)As my pics show fitting is spot on, yes the wiring needs to be done but from what I'm told it's an easy job and whatever is currently on your car you use on this boot i.e. licence plate lights, wiring for locking mechanism, lights etc etc. Toolwise I wouldn't know I never bothered to fit it myself always had a bodyshop do it for me, you do need a carpenter tool to take out the grey prongs on your current boot carpet/lining but that's about it.
3)See 6th photo...can't find any full on side shots showing the boot at the moment.
4) Tried to capture the wave in 5th picture but generally it's quite hard to capture or even see in real life. But if you're picky about these things I'd get it redone. Although in my experience only people who properly knew cars realised it otherwise I didn't receive anything but praise on how good it looks. Regardless the boot itself is solid and the amount of waveyness it currently is is the most it'll ever get, hence why I never bothered to get it redone myself because it's at its most waveyness now and doesn't even look that bad.

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I honestly cannot see the wave from the photo, it really must be minor! I also cannot believe that it hasn't sold yet!

I'm quite tempted as it looks very cool on your car, but I've never seen one in the flesh. Also with your other mods it fits in perfectly, but I'm worried it wouldn't look quite right on my still relatively stock e92.

I can't make my mind up, I'll keep thinking about it. If you have any pics of other cars with it fitted, I'd love to see them! May I ask why you're selling it? Thanks for your help anyway

Sorry, last question: when you close the boot, does it feel any different to the stock metal boot? Can you tell it's not metal?

Last edited by Ess; 06-03-2014 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: One last question!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #18
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess
Quote:
Hey:

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I honestly cannot see the wave from the photo, it really must be minor! I also cannot believe that it hasn't sold yet!

I'm quite tempted as it looks very cool on your car, but I've never seen one in the flesh. Also with your other mods it fits in perfectly, but I'm worried it wouldn't look quite right on my still relatively stock e92.

I can't make my mind up, I'll keep thinking about it. If you have any pics of other cars with it fitted, I'd love to see them! May I ask why you're selling it? Thanks for your help anyway

Sorry, last question: when you close the boot, does it feel any different to the stock metal boot? Can you tell it's not metal?
Ess...you gotta start somewhere if you plan on modding. There will always be a 1st mod. At this bargain price even if u get it and then put it on when you think you have enough mods to pull it of, it will still be worth it! Personally id get it and put it on straightaway

As for the feel yes u can tell it not metal but it not flimsy. End of the day you'll be getting it for appearance rather than feel on closing.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #19
ibz.s.b
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Hello,

Well I've had one offer already but I told him I'll wait to see if I get anything higher I will be ending the sale soon so if anyone bids higher and is willing to pick it up it's theres.

I am selling it (as with all of the other parts I've been selling on here recently) because I'm selling my e92 after 5 years of ownership and being the first owner with only 33,800 miles I feel like it's time for a change so I've ordered a Mercedes CLA which is coming next month.

Honestly the only thing you'll ever notice is how light the boot is but like I said it's still solid.

Also found two other pics...you can tell at the time I was obsessed with taking pics from the back because of the stance I had lol!

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #20
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Ess...you gotta start somewhere if you plan on modding. There will always be a 1st mod. At this bargain price even if u get it and then put it on when you think you have enough mods to pull it of, it will still be worth it! Personally id get it and put it on straightaway

As for the feel yes u can tell it not metal but it not flimsy. End of the day you'll be getting it for appearance rather than feel on closing.
Gaza, I know that you are 100% right. If I buy it, I'd also put it on straight away. I just need to be sure I want this to be my first big mod. In my mind I was thinking of starting with the diffuser but this has got me thinking...

Quote:
Well I've had one offer already but I told him I'll wait to see if I get anything higher I will be ending the sale soon so if anyone bids higher and is willing to pick it up it's theres.

I am selling it (as with all of the other parts I've been selling on here recently) because I'm selling my e92 after 5 years of ownership and being the first owner with only 33,800 miles I feel like it's time for a change so I've ordered a Mercedes CLA which is coming next month.

Honestly the only thing you'll ever notice is how light the boot is but like I said it's still solid.

Also found two other pics...you can tell at the time I was obsessed with taking pics from the back because of the stance I had lol!
Many thanks for the info and the other pics. The back part is actually the bit I'm not 100% sure on, the way it looks "rounded" from the back. The bit I really like is the kick without having a separate spoiler, which is best visible from the side profile.

As I'm not 100% I'm going to pass on this occasion - I think I'll possibly end up regretting it but I'm just not 100% sure. Would be good to see iton the car in the flesh, but I suppose you've removed it now? I hope you don't think I strung you along, I'm genuinely just not completely sure! Thanks again for your help and good luck with sale
Appreciate 0