F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bluetooth audio streaming -- won't stay paused
GetBMWParts

05-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
RicardoSwe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Mineral Grey

Bluetooth audio streaming -- won't stay paused

I have a 2014 F30 with Enhanced Bluetooth (Tech Pkg). I like to stream audio from my iPhone using Bluetooth, such as podcasts played with an iPhone app.

When I pause the Bluetooth streaming audio it won't stay paused (pausing it using the iPhone app play/pause). The BMW system just keeps restarting the audio stream, I CANNOT make it pause and stay paused. Very annoying. And it leads to a safety issue if I end up trying to stop the streaming on the iPhone in the console while driving.

If I FORCE the podcast app to quit on the iPhone, the system just finds another audio source on the iPhone and starts streaming that. It remains stuck in Bluetooth Audio streaming mode and the WILL NOT PAUSE and stay paused.

I think the system pauses the audio stream if I answer a phone call (iPhone must pause the audio app), so it is apparently possible to pause the audio somehow. I think the radio on/off button will mute the streaming audio but does not actually pause it -- it's just muted -- when I go back to a podcast streaming audio, I've missed much of the podcast.

Why won't the system just let me pause audio streaming over bluetooth? Is there someway I can do this so it works?

Any comments or ideas to overcome this problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
matt666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d

I pause Bluetooth streaming by pressing the volume knob on the head unit. Works fine and you don't have to touch your phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
RicardoSwe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Mineral Grey

Well DUH!!!

You're right! I tried it and it worked just fine. Pushing radio on/off paused the podcast. Push again and it picked up where it stopped.

Why I had not discovered this, I don't know!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0