F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > N52 Vanos Issue?
GetBMWParts

05-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
catsofaz1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

N52 Vanos Issue?

Hi all and sorry to post another Vanos question. I have an 06 325i N52. Off the line I feel a hesitation with acceleration until hitting 2nd gear (automatic) and the occasional idle stutter. I assumed this was Vanos seals after many hours researching forums. I browsed the Beisan site and discovered they don't sell Vanos seals for the N52. This has me really confused now and thinking possibly Vanos solenoids. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
donoharm-Race
Registered
Rep
Drives: arctic e90 H&R Bilsteins

hmm..what code is it giving you? There are two vanos solenoids in front of the engine block, one just above the other. The top is an intake solenoid that reads and regulates the intake valves. Just below the top solenoid there is an identical looking solenoid and that reads and regulates the exhaust valves. The solenoids should be there first measure of diagnostic. take out the solenoids and put them in the opposite position they originally were, clear codes and see if what codes return after some driving. If its the same replace both solenoids, if it changes.. well..should probably change both anyway, they're a 100 bucks each from the dealer. They are wearable items and their life is fairly symmetrical so if you're getting vanos problems replace them and if that doesn't fix the problem it is probably something internal.
Appreciate 0