E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Walnut blast and resetting adaptations

05-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
AtlasDoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Monaco Blue 335i

Walnut blast and resetting adaptations

I recently had my 335i walnut blasted at 156,xxx miles. Believe it or not, even though it looked bad, it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I also replaced all the plugs myself the same day before getting the media blast. The car ran awesome...for one day. The next day, the car had rough idle of about 700 and it felt like it was misfiring. I have JB4 and didn't get any misfire codes or SES light. I took the car back to the shop and a tech took it for a drive...he got about a block away a got limp mode. Misfire cylinder 2 code was pulled. Plug was pulled and inspected...no problem. Coil was replaced with a known working one...still same problem. Tech thought it may be an injector and suggested I bring it back the next day for further diagnostics. Before I left, I reset adaptations with the JB4 and the rough idle immediately went away. I drove off to work and several times, I floored it past step down mode, revved to redline, and waited...no misfire codes or SES light. When I got off work, I got her on the highway and did several WOT pulls on map 5 and still, no misfires or SES light. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Am I in the clear, or should I still be worried about the injector?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

I've done a walnut blasting twice and I never had to reset adaptations. You may have a flakey injector or maybe there was a partial clog which cleared itself. I'd put a bottle of Techron in a half-empty tank just in case and not worry about it unless it happens again.
      05-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Run a can of BG44K
This will clean any injector clogs.

I ran 2 cans back to back over 2 tanks.

DN
Appreciate 0