E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Newb here with a warranty question

05-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
Seymour Boost
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335i xDrive

Newb here with a warranty question

Hey folks. I just signed up as I am currently in the market for my next toy, an N54 E90/92. My question concerns the wastegate warranty.

Does the warranty cover 8 years from the build date, or the sale to the first owner of the vehicle? I'm probably going to pick something up at the end of the month and would like to have this clarified before i pull the trigger.

Looking forward to contributing to the forums. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Boost
Hey folks. I just signed up as I am currently in the market for my next toy, an N54 E90/92. My question concerns the wastegate warranty.

Does the warranty cover 8 years from the build date, or the sale to the first owner of the vehicle? I'm probably going to pick something up at the end of the month and would like to have this clarified before i pull the trigger.

Looking forward to contributing to the forums. Thanks.
Before 2014 this was the case. BMW did a recent change to its warranty terms I'm not sure what it came to and there were a few threads on this from some members. My best bet is call a dealer and ask.