E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Squeaking in cold weather?

11-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
NeoChaser
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328, E70 35d

Squeaking in cold weather?

700 Km's on the car...

the last week or so, with the temp falling in vancouver, hovering around 1-5
degrees, i noticed squeaking in the interior... is that normal for you guys?

E92 328 AW / Coral / ZPP / ZSP / CA / Paddle

E70 X5d LCI DSB / Cinnamon / ZNA / ZJK / ZJL / ZUD / ZFT / ZUE
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
electricmba
Importer / Exporter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (US)

Given I haven't been able to drive my e92 much (yet), I can't provide much long term info, but I can tell you I started noticing a little squeak last week when the temp dropped.

I can tell you that with my 330Ci I had, squeaks were a constant issue. I think it is largely to do with how tight the suspension is and how tightly tied down all of the interior is...the result is eventual loosening of some things, and squeaks develop...and is is more pronounced in winter as things contract.

In my 330 I had to have the dealer tear apart my entire passenger side door to fix one of the squeaks I had that was making me nuts. They destroyed the aluminum trim in the process, and had to replace it all.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Maxtor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan

I have an occasional clicking sound coming from the rear passenger area which started shortly after I took delivery of the car. Had it in once already to the dealership and it stopped for a couple weeks. It is back.

I will get it back into the dealership when I have more time so they can try again. Amazing how annoying a little thing like that can be.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #4
BMW Newbie
Who needs CR7
Canada
Rep
Drives: SG328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
I have an occasional clicking sound coming from the rear passenger area which started shortly after I took delivery of the car. Had it in once already to the dealership and it stopped for a couple weeks. It is back.

I will get it back into the dealership when I have more time so they can try again. Amazing how annoying a little thing like that can be.
Mine has the same problem too and sometime it got quite noticeable but usually just a click sound coming out from the rear passenger side. Keep us posted what the dealer say about this problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

My brakes started squeaking like a cheap econo rustbox. I bedded them big time and the squeaks have gone. Now my steering wheel squeaks when I turn it. Ridiculous...
      11-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
electricmba
Importer / Exporter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (US)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby9 View Post
My brakes started squeaking like a cheap econo rustbox. I bedded them big time and the squeaks have gone. Now my steering wheel squeaks when I turn it. Ridiculous...
Had the same problem on my 330 - brakes squealed like crazy. I was never able to really get rid of it, no matter how hard I mashed on the brakes.
Appreciate 0