F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Contacting dealer during build time
ARMA SPEED

05-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
335i nthehouse
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Contacting dealer during build time

What is normal here? I seem to be wanting to ask them something daily. Today is badge deletion for the rear - I think I quite like this idea as have m performance exhaust upgrade to 335i proposed and only f30 owners likely to know what my car is (not point of thread so don't berate me!)

Anyway, how often do you contact your dealer - am I being a nightmare customer or is it normal to change your mind on a few bits during the build? I am spending a lot of money after all so surely they can't put me in the 'unreasonable' camp for a few emails?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

If you want it ask, simple as that!

The dealers are busy and each must have hundreds of customer per sales person BUT as you say you are spending quite some £££. I would also advise to ask asap as this increases the chance of having the change incorporate.

For the rear badge this might be done at the dealers anyway?
      05-06-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

If you want to contact the, do it, however it is best to have a good think about what you want added or removed and then contact them.

It can be annoying I imagine having daily / weekly emails from people asking for single items to be added or removed or both.

I had a discussion before I placed order what I wanted and then about 4 hours sitting with confugurator working out what wanted.

Placed order and have contacted them once since then to add something to build.

I was contacted by them when the rate changed and when order locked.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

I changed a few bits including the colour. Is say you are spending a lot, it's upto you how many times you want to change things. Make sure you get written confirmation of any changes though.
      05-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
335i nthehouse
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

To be fair most of my emails are questions, looking back, had no idea what metal mate etc was on my car plan and been asking about my performance accessories also.

Badge deletion was my first real change.

All more cash for then at healthy margins with accessories so they would be in the wrong I feel if they felt I was pestering them....
Appreciate 0