E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Yellow Service Light on Startup

04-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
investmentbanker
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Yellow Service Light on Startup

Hi,

I just noticed that when I start up my 2006 325i Sedan that a yellow Service lights up for a second or two. I currently have 51,121 miles.

In the past 8 months I have done the following:

1. Oil Change from BMW Dealer
2. Coolant Change from BMW Dealer
3. Changed Serpentine Belt, Tensioner Pulley, Idler Pulley BMW Dealer
4. All 6 new Spark plugs and Ignition Coils did myself
5. New pads, rotors, lines, brake fluid at friend's shop
6. Added BMW Performance Intake did myself
7. BMW Performance Exhaust at friends shop

When I do a System Check in the menu it says Check OK or whatever

When I go to the diagnostic on the dashboard using the stick near the signal stick I get oil is max, brakes, brake fluid, everything is safely out of service range (miles) so I'm wondering why the service light comes on. I hardly drive the car only on weekends. Could I have just never notice the light and its just ok for it to light up? Funny thing is I haven't driven the car in two weeks. I noticed it today while I was driving it to a used car dealer (might be trading it in for a 2010 E63 AMG but not $ure yet). They wanted $10K trade in value I took that as an insult because this car has sentimental value to me

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
oogabooga
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Melbourne M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
I believe all of the 2006+ BMWs do this upon start up. My car does this too. I actually recently got my car (CPO) from a BMW dealer and noticed that it did this when I took delivery of the car. BMW assured me that even their brand new cars do this as well so there isn't anything to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Probably an emissions or inspection service is due. What a dealer is willing to pay you for the car is the market value for it, not your sentimental value; it's just business.
Appreciate 0