E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Awd, Dsc, Abs, Ebv.. help!

04-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
e90QC
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Awd, Dsc, Abs, Ebv.. help!

Hi all! I'm a newbie here.. I have a 2010 328xi with 60k miles. Recently I was on my way home & the idrive pop'd up a message saying "Electrical Malfunction! Stop car immediately". So I pulled over & shut off the car. A little while later I started the car & realized the dash was lit up like a Christmas Tree! ABS, Traction, and tire pressure sensor lights were lit up and the ABS with 4x4 was all showing in the instrument cluster with the following warning on the idrive...

"All wheel drive system, DSC, ABS, and Emerg EBV malfunction! Limited driving stability. Drive moderately. Have the system checked immediately by your BMW center."

Soon after, I noticed the radio started turning on & off and the instrument cluster gauges were going crazy (jumping around). I quickly shut off the car, unplugged the battery for 10 minutes then reconnected it. Then I tried locking/unlocking the doors with the key fob and realized nothing was working.. not even able to open the trunk! Waited a few minutes longer then it started working again, was able to get into the car and start it. This time no lights turned on, the cluster wasn't working at all, couldn't turn on the idrive system, couldn't turn the fan on, etc.

Any ideas as to what caused all of this?? Sorry to write such a novel for my second post.... Thank you in advance!!! Also the car is out of warranty (in Canada).

Andrew
Appreciate 0