GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Closed Thread

04-14-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

M3/M4 versus Memory lane!

There is a thread about what you used to drive before BMW's but let's not narrow this one down. I want to know what drove you to the Germans, and I want to know what you used to own, but I also want to know why you ended up with this brand and a sob story is appreciated.

Okay, here is my list.

The first car I drove was a Opel Kadett, it was our family car. It was a thing of beauty, and the fact that my father hated cars in our yard, made it even better. The white paint mixed with the thing the oaks on our yard dropped on it (something really sticky, I don't know the word in English) it was a sight for the sore eyes. My father decided I needed to know how to drive, so there it was. I was 13. He decided his first plan was not a good one abt 15 seconds later, when he understood that the only good thing about his original plan was that the teaching was done on a cemetery's parking lot, so the burial trip would have been a short one.

After that, he made sure I would never ever EVER drive anything with an engine, so back to basics it was for me. Horses.

When my lovely mother and my Audi brother made sure I couldn't get a motorcycle when I was 16, I gave up. I decided that there is no way I will ever drive anything, and that worked for years. the legal limit to get a license is 18 back home, so even after that was done with, I refused to drive anything. And If my old mate ever reads this, let it be known that his BMW 550 (I think) on the ice in that glorious winter doesn't count.

When our second kid was on the way, the lovely hubby made an ultimatum. Give up fishing, or come up with a license. He was so done being the driver and the baby sitter. He did know my unfortunate need for speed, but he kind of hoped that I had grown up a little. That went well, but again, I was 24 when I got a license, tough I may have done some driving beforehand, but only in extreme conditions.

So, I have said this before somewhere, but cars are a pain in the arse back in the north. They cost a lot and we really do not put money in them, so my history sucks. Audis are there, but no one wants to know about them. The only interesting car in my history is the Ford Puma, which till this day I must say is one of the best looking (handles like nothing, and I mean handles like the steering wheel has nothing to do with the wheels), shitty car I've had the pleasure of driving. Back in the north the hp's go up, and even the worst looking shitbox may just burn you in a race. This has happened to me, and the trauma lives forever.

Well, audis and VW's for me, but I must add this. After I got my license, the hubby has driven less than 200 miles per year all together. And I have to say this also, that no horse will ever come between me and babies again. And I do not mean the kids.

I can not tolerate bad handling. That is my reason to go to the Germans. I'm pissed 24/7 driving anything else, the rentals we first had here proved this point to perfection. I also forgot that I have driven abt every bmw for a long time, due to the fact that I don't let my friends drive their cars, and I'm a bigger bitch than they are. So if we travel together, I drive, no matter who's car it is. My friends are men, and unfortunately they have enough going on in their heads not to piss off the angry girl.

Last edited by Lups; 04-14-2014 at 02:43 AM.. Reason: Typo, always a typo
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread