THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Question about Tires after placing my order

04-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
showtime81
Rep
Drives: Car

Question about Tires after placing my order

Hi, I just placed an order with my dealer for an M235i. In my specs I chose the standard "mixed summer tires," which I assume are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. My dealer just emailed me the order form and it states "all-season tires" and "run flat tires." So I emailed and mentioned that it was a mistake and I would like the standard Summer tires. He responded saying:

"Currently, the factory doesn't offer the summer tires as an option. Perhapes it will change before the vehicle goes in to production. We will monitor it to see if it becomes available."

This can't be correct, right? I definitely only want the Michelins. Especially since the Summer tires come with the increased top speed limiter of 155mph, as opposed to the 130mph with the all-seasons.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

He's right, the summer tires pilot super sports are not an option.

They are the standard default on this car.

Your dealer is an idiot
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khtso View Post
Hi, I just placed an order with my dealer for an M235i. In my specs I chose the standard "mixed summer tires," which I assume are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. My dealer just emailed me the order form and it states "all-season tires" and "run flat tires." So I emailed and mentioned that it was a mistake and I would like the standard Summer tires. He responded saying:

"Currently, the factory doesn't offer the summer tires as an option. Perhapes it will change before the vehicle goes in to production. We will monitor it to see if it becomes available."

This can't be correct, right? I definitely only want the Michelins. Especially since the Summer tires come with the increased top speed limiter of 155mph, as opposed to the 130mph with the all-seasons.

Thanks.
My dealer did the same thing on my order. They just need to not click any option on tires and you will get the mixed Summer by default (along with the correct speed limiter). I had my dealer take the option of, and it was delivered fine. I think they get confused for some reason since in the past all the tires were the run flats
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
He's right, the summer tires pilot super sports are not an option.

They are the standard default on this car.

Your dealer is an idiot
LMAO

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
showtime81
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
My dealer did the same thing on my order. They just need to not click any option on tires and you will get the mixed Summer by default (along with the correct speed limiter). I had my dealer take the option of, and it was delivered fine. I think they get confused for some reason since in the past all the tires were the run flats
My dealer responded and still mentioned that he does "not currently see any other option to select," and he will check with his inventory manager this week. Is there any other guidance I can give him about this? I have an email into BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
note46
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe, 328d SW, i4

Quote:
My dealer responded and still mentioned that he does "not currently see any other option to select," and he will check with his inventory manager this week. Is there any other guidance I can give him about this? I have an email into BMWNA.
You could link him to BMW USA website itself.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...and_Specs.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWUSAWEBSITE
Double Spoke Ferric Gray light alloy wheels (Style 436M) with 18 x 7.5 front, 18 x 8.0 rear and 225/40 front, 245/35 rear Michelin Pilot SuperSport performance tires1, 2 (includes increased top-speed limiter)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #7
leon1984
Captain
Rep
Drives: Old Mini! (M235i gone)

YES!!! the Pilot Sports are not an option which is why he can't see it to tick. He doesn't need to tick anything the idiot.

It is default summer non RF tyres OR you can tick the winter/run craps. He needs to take off the winter run craps for some reason they have selected
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
note46
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe, 328d SW, i4

Sounds like your sales drone has option 2TR checked. That's the option code to change from summer tires to all season tires. You want 2PG for summer tires.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
I had this same debacle with my CA... I had to go back and forth with him and his sales manager about 5-6 times before they conceded that they had ticked the wrong box. They said the same thing "all BMW's have run flats" and "there is no way you can know what tire the car is going to come with".. I wish I had known their own website showed it, actually I wish a BMW CA would know more than me about the car...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
showtime81
Rep

Thanks everyone, I sent another email explaining that the summer tires come standard and also linked to the website. I will call BMW NA on Monday to get them to call my dealer to explain, if necessary. I guess this hassle keeps me occupied until I actually get a production number.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

And I bet your dealer acted like you were bothering them trying to get them to get the order right, too? Why are car salespeople so indignant when you try to get them to do their job? Your job is to sell me shit, why am I doing your job?

/rant
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #12
showtime81
Rep

This still has not been resolved yet, and even BMW NA is confused about this car it seems. The person on the phone insisted that the Summer Tire (Michelins) are Run Flat tires, as "all BMWs come with run flat tires." Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
This still has not been resolved yet, and even BMW NA is confused about this car it seems. The person on the phone insisted that the Summer Tire (Michelins) are Run Flat tires, as "all BMWs come with run flat tires." Ridiculous.
Just tell them to select no option for tires. Remove run flat and all season options and that's it. There's nothing further to select. Then ask for your build sheet and as long as you see nothing related to tires or run flats, you're good to go.

It shouldn't be tough to deselect an option. Just tell them you'll take whatever comes with it as long as they don't select run flat and all season options. If you press further asking if it's summer or non-runflats that's where you confuse them since they have no clue what they're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #14
showtime81
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Just tell them to select no option for tires. Remove run flat and all season options and that's it. There's nothing further to select. Then ask for your build sheet and as long as you see nothing related to tires or run flats, you're good to go.

It shouldn't be tough to deselect an option. Just tell them you'll take whatever comes with it as long as they don't select run flat and all season options. If you press further asking if it's summer or non-runflats that's where you confuse them since they have no clue what they're talking about.

Thanks, I just passed this information on, so I'll see what the response is. The dealer previously mentioned that he's checking with his "inventory manager" though not really sure what this means. I mentioned before to just deselect the options, but they seem confused still. I definitely think this stems from the fact that everyone, including apparently BMW NA thinks that every BMW comes only with Run Flat tires. I'm going to have to continue to bring this up to them until I see a correct order form I guess, since I don't want to be waiting 2 month for this order, only to have a incorrect build show up.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

It boggles my mind that this is still an issue and that someone higher up hasn't taken the time to send a memo to the dealers or the dealer reps to put this issue to bed. We shouldn't have to be the ones playing detective to pull the information together to prove to the dealers that they are wrong.

I'm still fighting this with my dealer. He isn't the issue. Based on the amount of time he is spending with me he is trying to get this right and get me the non run-flats if that is still available but his BMW rep is still absolutely clueless. I'd really love to pick this car up and take a photo to send to this rep since they are so adamant that you cannot get anything but run flats on this car.

I'm really hoping that link that Note46 provided will get this resolved...my baby's going into production in a few days.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #16
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

Don't take delivery with run flats if you want the HP tires. You'll end up with 7.5" rims that won't take the 245 on the rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
I had this same debacle with my CA... I had to go back and forth with him and his sales manager about 5-6 times before they conceded that they had ticked the wrong box. They said the same thing "all BMW's have run flats" and "there is no way you can know what tire the car is going to come with".. I wish I had known their own website showed it, actually I wish a BMW CA would know more than me about the car...
Not only that it was in their own press release.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #18
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
Don't take delivery with run flats if you want the HP tires. You'll end up with 7.5" rims that won't take the 245 on the rear.
More important the suspension and top speed limiter are tuned to the super sports
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #19
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Funny, I just got back from the dealer and put in an order for an M235 and they told me exactly the same thing about the tires, that they can only order them with the A/S tires and not mixed sized rims... They are going to call the port tomorrow and get more details. I'm expecting a call from my CA tomorrow (had someone else actually put in the order).

Is there anything that I can point him at to prove he has it wrong?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #20
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
This is unfortunate.. it is a new car and all but why can't dealers (and even BMW CS) become familiar with their own car.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #21
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by espo View Post
Funny, I just got back from the dealer and put in an order for an M235 and they told me exactly the same thing about the tires, that they can only order them with the A/S tires and not mixed sized rims... They are going to call the port tomorrow and get more details. I'm expecting a call from my CA tomorrow (had someone else actually put in the order).

Is there anything that I can point him at to prove he has it wrong?
Tell them to look at the actual order guide. The order guide has the all season and runflat as option! The order guide has summer and top speed limiter as standard! It absolutely amazes me this continues to be an issue. I have to assume that there is a memo from BMW that's out there and that the dealers just don't read.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #22
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

So if mine doesn't say anything about all-season runflats I can safely assume that it will come with the PSS?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0