E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Stalling first time you start the car for the day...

11-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
EdmBimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 35d

Stalling first time you start the car for the day...

Just wondering who has had this problem?

My car is an 06 330i May/05 build.

When I first start my car in the morning and go to back out of my garage the car will stall out. I took a video of it one morning and showed it to the dealer. They booked an appointment and since then I've been driving around in a 07 328xi.

I was told last week they couldn't find a problem, but they did notice the Gaiter Mass air hose was loose. They reconnected it and told me to come back.

So I went to pick up the car today and when I went to start it guess what, it stalled.

So I'm back into the loaner car and I don't know what the dealership is going to do.

Anyone else with this problem?
      11-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

nope, never heard of that! hope it gets fixed...maybe its a MAF sensor problem and the air-fuel ratio isnt right (since winter is getting even colder) and you need more fuel in cold temperatures.

or it could be that the engine is cold, and if its manual, then that might be the problem since you may be putting too much load on it when engaging the clutch since the engine is really cold (i see you live in canada) if the dealership cant fix it, try letting it warm up for a few minutes in the morning before backing out. *make sure your garage is ventilated so you dont inhale exhaust fumes.*
Appreciate 0