E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CPO - window sticker available?

11-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

CPO - window sticker available?

Quick question regarding a CPO purchase. My dad is looking to get the window sticker, with full list of options the car has, for his recent CPO purchase. BMW corporate said they can't help. Are window stickers something the dealer themselves do, and should be abble to reproduce?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

When I purchased my 335, I was given two window stickers. One that came off the window, and another folded in with the owner's manual. So there are two that come with a new car purchase. I doubt the dealership prints them, I'd think they're part of the production process. Somebody has a laser printer that prints the information onto a giant sticker (the edges peel off so it can be stuck to the glass). If they truly had any value, I'm sure a software program would be written and they would be counterfeited.

Most likely, the original owner has them for your dad's CPO. If BMW doesn't reproduce them (I can't think of any reason why they would), then I doubt they're obtainable. With classic cars, I know they are desirable. But what exactly would your dad do with it, I suppose other than to verify the equipment that appears on the window sticker??
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Mine came with one on one of the rear windows and I peeled it off and kept it safe.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
When I purchased my 335, I was given two window stickers. One that came off the window, and another folded in with the owner's manual. So there are two that come with a new car purchase. I doubt the dealership prints them, I'd think they're part of the production process. Somebody has a laser printer that prints the information onto a giant sticker (the edges peel off so it can be stuck to the glass). If they truly had any value, I'm sure a software program would be written and they would be counterfeited.

Most likely, the original owner has them for your dad's CPO. If BMW doesn't reproduce them (I can't think of any reason why they would), then I doubt they're obtainable. With classic cars, I know they are desirable. But what exactly would your dad do with it, I suppose other than to verify the equipment that appears on the window sticker??

I read an article on MSN of important docs to keep ie tax returns. One of them was the new car sticker. Here's the link. After reading this I made sure I got my sticker. The dealer had already put it in my glove the day I drove off with the car.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...oHangOnTo.aspx
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
woody2223
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 black sapphire coupe JB+

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
I used to work at a dealership here in Virginia. All you have to do is go in and ask them to print him out one, it's all on file. They will just need his VIN number.
This won't give him a window "sticker" but it will look like one and have all of the equipment and options his car has on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #6
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2223 View Post
I used to work at a dealership here in Virginia. All you have to do is go in and ask them to print him out one, it's all on file. They will just need his VIN number.
This won't give him a window "sticker" but it will look like one and have all of the equipment and options his car has on it.
Interesting....I've seen demo's with that (like you describe) pasted to the window. It looked like a photocopy. The original is like a giant Avery sticker that can be peeled apart, only there is color on the original sticler.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
I read an article on MSN of important docs to keep ie tax returns. One of them was the new car sticker. Here's the link. After reading this I made sure I got my sticker. The dealer had already put it in my glove the day I drove off with the car.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...oHangOnTo.aspx
Actually, I don't agree with the MSN article. Whether a vehicle has ABS, which motor, if its certified for emissions in a CARB state, etc., that paper isn't bonafide. A dealership would lift the hood and look for numbers stamped on various parts, or the codes contained within the VIN. I wouldn't lose sleep in thinking the car's value went down because an owner doesn't have the window sticker...my .02.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
DBville
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not yet

Now that is comical. You need that to document the cars "serial number"? Uhhh....doesn't she mean VIN - that little metal tag riveted to the dash? The thing that is illegal to remove. The number that you can take to a government web site, or to any dealer to search for recalls? She has been reading way too many blogs!!

To the OP - call the dealer he bought it from and tell them to print one.

'08 E90 335i
Sparkling Graphite
PCD 11/28
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2223 View Post
Thanks, this is good info. We'll ask the dealer next week and hopefully they can accomodate. The reason for wanting it is simply to see what equip./packages were really on the car. The CPO sticker was a bit vague and I think they left off a few things, since I've found options on the car that weren't on the sticker, as far as I can tell.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
It is called a Monroney sticker, named after a Senator from Oklahoma.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
The Viper Club has a replacement plan. You might want to google "Replacement Monroney Sticker" and do some research on how to get one if you actually want to pay. It seems like it is a lot of work. GL.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #12
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
I'm sure there's at least two.

The day after I picked up my 335 I couldn't find my window sticker, and I thought I forgot to grab it off my CA's desk when going through all the paperwork. I e-mailed and asked if he still had it, and he said no, but he could send a duplicate. A few days later I received a completely pristine full-color duplicate of my window sticker on the same funny-feeling paper and everything, just without the adhesive.

I never did find out if the car came with two and the dealership planned on keeping one, or if they can print them on the premises.
Appreciate 0