Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
M4 Dream
Rep
Drives: X5 Twin

M4 production mid-May

This is what my dealer sent today .The first M4 coupes are going in to production in mid may , which means after about 2-3 months the vehicles should be available . Have anyone hear something different for their dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 turbo View Post
This is what my dealer sent today .The first M4 coupes are going in to production in mid may , which means after about 2-3 months the vehicles should be available . Have anyone hear something different for their dealer ?
I went by the dealer yesterday just to ask that. my car will be build on the 19th of May. It's still just an estimate, but the fact that i bothered to drive there just to ask that shows my desperation. IRL I would never confess this to anyone, here in the midst of internet, I won't be the only freak.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 turbo View Post
I'm in Canada, and a couple orders dating back to February 12th (including mine) have been confirmed to be built in June.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
MDIVISION
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

You will receive your car End of July/Beg of August. You be the first of the people to get their car. Be patient.
2014 BMW 335i MPPK SOLD
2015 M3 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mloyalty View Post
You will receive your car End of July/Beg of August. You be the first of the people to get their car. Be patient.
I have been advised of the same time period
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared View Post
I'm in Canada, and a couple orders dating back to February 12th (including mine) have been confirmed to be built in June.

Reading this post I seriously think the dealer just played with my head. There is no way I could have such an early assembly date. Fuck this car will be the death of me, even before we meet the tree I will end up crashing into.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Reading this post I seriously think the dealer just played with my head. There is no way I could have such an early assembly date. Fuck this car will be the death of me, even before we meet the tree I will end up crashing into.
If they gave you an exact date of production I would have assumed it would be accompanied by a production number. I was told I would receive the number when an exact date was confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #8
Lups
Rep

Quote:
If they gave you an exact date of production I would have assumed it would be accompanied by a production number. I was told I would receive the number when an exact date was confirmed.
It wasn't the exact date yet, it was an estimate, he told me that that time line can move a day or a two to any direction. I should have the prod number by the end of this week tough. This will totally fuck up my spring. the anticipation is killing me. Well, anyway it goes, there is no way of taking this car to snow till next winter, so I mind as well drive the tractor I'm stuck with.
First world problems. I would never say any of this out loud to anyone but again internet has a funny way of making you blurt out things.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
MrCsquared
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't the exact date yet, it was an estimate, he told me that that time line can move a day or a two to any direction. I should have the prod number by the end of this week tough. This will totally fuck up my spring. the anticipation is killing me. Well, anyway it goes, there is no way of taking this car to snow till next winter, so I mind as well drive the tractor I'm stuck with.
First world problems. I would never say any of this out loud to anyone but again internet has a funny way of making you blurt out things.
We're all going to be in the same boat waiting... we'll just have to tough it out
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #10
Lups
Rep

Quote:
We're all going to be in the same boat waiting... we'll just have to tough it out

Yeah, I know. And I really do need the time because I haven't even told my husband yet what I ended up ordering, well I emailed him today, to the only address he doesn't read daily. When that shit hits the fan, he will use his age old extortion methods and I will end up with a beautiful car that has been ruined with custom license plates. Again, first world problems.

Still, I really need this car, there are a load of nice roads here, and oregon is near and apparently there is a nice coast road just waiting for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
Lups
Rep

Oh my, reading that made really sure everyone knows who in this family is the whipped one.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #12
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
I went by the dealer yesterday just to ask that. my car will be build on the 19th of May. It's still just an estimate, but the fact that i bothered to drive there just to ask that shows my desperation. IRL I would never confess this to anyone, here in the midst of internet, I won't be the only freak.
I actually put my deposit on one of the dealer's demo/HSE car, and it was originally scheduled for late March/early April and now pushed back to May 19th as well.

I suspect there may be some production/parts issues and the May 19th estimate can still change.

BTW I have CCB on the car I put deposit on, not sure if that has anything to do with production date tho.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:09 AM   #13
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
I actually put my deposit on one of the dealer's demo/HSE car, and it was originally scheduled for late March/early April and now pushed back to May 19th as well.

I suspect there may be some production/parts issues and the May 19th estimate can still change.

BTW I have CCB on the car I put deposit on, not sure if that has anything to do with production date tho.
well, the realistic in me expects this toy of mine to arrive for December. I would love to get it sooner, but hell no with my luck. ;D
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 03:10 AM   #14
Flying Brick
Private
Rep
Drives: m

I was told the same thing, May 15 is the cut off for any changes. So i believe Early June is the production Date. Delivery time late July or early August.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Yeah, I know. And I really do need the time because I haven't even told my husband yet what I ended up ordering, well I emailed him today, to the only address he doesn't read daily. When that shit hits the fan, he will use his age old extortion methods and I will end up with a beautiful car that has been ruined with custom license plates. Again, first world problems.

Still, I really need this car, there are a load of nice roads here, and oregon is near and apparently there is a nice coast road just waiting for me.
well you might as well go all the way and have it delivered in munich. play in the bavarian sun before shipping it back. should be a great summer this year.
      03-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #16
///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Probably not. Dealers order the demo cars with all options to make more $$$.
      03-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #17
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Its really not bright to have these cars delivered to the majority of people ordering them in the fall months where you have to put them away or get snows put on them after a month or so.
      03-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
MDIVISION
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbockrd View Post
Its really not bright to have these cars delivered to the majority of people ordering them in the fall months where you have to put them away or get snows put on them after a month or so.
Cali baby.. Cali...
2014 BMW 335i MPPK SOLD
2015 M3 SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #19
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbockrd View Post

... I'm a Finn. It's always snowing. The best thing about these cars is the feeling while driving it on snow.

Here you see the funniest things. I saw this guy mess up his 3 series coupe, and the first thing he said was that "I'm not used driving in the rain". It's Seattle for crying out loud!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #20
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
well you might as well go all the way and have it delivered in munich. play in the bavarian sun before shipping it back. should be a great summer this year.
Hmm. That would be so cool, but there would be hell to pay if I took of for a week just to hit the Autobahn. And my German is even rustier than my English, so I'd end up drunk and hungry every night.

I can see the conversation tough. "Honey, I'm going to fly till Germany. You can go and visit our family back home. HAve fun with the kids."
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #21
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

This is what happens when it snows in Seattle...

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #22
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
... I'm a Finn. It's always snowing. The best thing about these cars is the feeling while driving it on snow.

Here you see the funniest things. I saw this guy mess up his 3 series coupe, and the first thing he said was that "I'm not used driving in the rain". It's Seattle for crying out loud!
LOL!! Sad, he should have thought before opening his mouth