Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

M3/M4 Performance Center Delivery?

I have a deposit down at a local DC area dealership and I'm at the top of the list for their M4 allocation (was offered Launch car but opted for my own config). As like everyone else, have not received allocation yet for my order, but also do not have a definitive answer if can do PCD for my '15 M4.

Has anyone looking to do PCD for their M3/M4 been able to get confirmation that this can be done? Would this improve or delay receipt of the vehicle?

My lease ends June 23rd, and I know my tires are just barely going to pass - but should based on my pre-lease inspection. Would not be happy if having to wait additional 30-90 days after original lease expiration that I then get dinged for a set of new tires! Is there any protection against that? Also - I bought 6k more miles - with the lease extension months - would the pricing revert to the original contracted price, or the modified price to include additional mileage.

Still debating M5 option due to the amazing deals out right now...completely different car but never even considered an M5 due to cost - but the lease deals are very tempting right now!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

My dealer has confirmed and approved my request to do ED and PCD for my top spot M4. So the answer is yes, you can do PCD for a 15 M4.
      03-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Im going to do it I think. Fly up from South Florida drive the car back. Hope a 12 hour drive won't chip the crap out if the new car though.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

I'm doing ED and PDC (Performance Delivery Center). We wife got her X3 three there and it was a blast, but then we got a few hot laps in the M5 smoking up some tires...best fun that I have had in the back seat of a car since....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yep - the fiancé and I picked her '14 X5 50i from the PCD this past November - we had a great time - and she especially liked staying in Asheville, NC for the evening before heading back to N. VA the next day.
It was such a fantastic experience and since ED isn't available through my dealer ( ) - would have been a perfect honeymoon/ED combo vacation since we are getting married on 5/3) - PCD is at least the minimum of what we would like to do for this special car purchase. Although my concern is that they don't have the M4s at the Performance Center just yet - and thus might delay things further.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane
Yep - the fianc and I picked her '14 X5 50i from the PCD this past November - we had a great time - and she especially liked staying in Asheville, NC for the evening before heading back to N. VA the next day.
It was such a fantastic experience and since ED isn't available through my dealer ( ) - would have been a perfect honeymoon/ED combo vacation since we are getting married on 5/3) - PCD is at least the minimum of what we would like to do for this special car purchase. Although my concern is that they don't have the M4s at the Performance Center just yet - and thus might delay things further.
Talk to one of The performance center instructors at Sebring 12 hour this weekend in the BMW corral. They drove down in 3 M6 gran coupes. Said they are getting M3/M4 for performance center in 2 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #7
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

03-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
dhoggm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 850i C, Gated R8 5.2, E63

I did PCD for my E93 and it was a great time! I've also confirmed PCD availability for my upcoming M3 - whenever they get an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #9
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane
Yep - the fianc and I picked her '14 X5 50i from the PCD this past November - we had a great time - and she especially liked staying in Asheville, NC for the evening before heading back to N. VA the next day.
Talk to one of The performance center instructors at Sebring 12 hour this weekend in the BMW corral. They drove down in 3 M6 gran coupes. Said they are getting M3/M4 for performance center in 2 weeks!
This is great news. I do not think they would have the new models at PC anytime soon. I would love to do a two day M school with the F82 before my ED trip to get familiar with the limits of the car as I plan to do a few tracks including the Ring. I will check with my corporate contact to confirm this and will let all know when booked.
      03-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
soccer dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW SO/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
This is great news. I do not think they would have the new models at PC anytime soon. I would love to do a two day M school with the F82 before my ED trip to get familiar with the limits of the car as I plan to do a few tracks including the Ring. I will check with my corporate contact to confirm this and will let all know when booked.
Put me down for Mschool!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer dad View Post
Put me down for Mschool!
Already had you in mind to join me!