E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2011 E93 Combox Retrofit by BimmerTech

03-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
elcharrodesd
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

2011 E93 Combox Retrofit by BimmerTech

I upgrade my 2011 E93 (6/2010 build date) with a combox retrofit from BimmerTech this weekend. There are plenty of examples on the forum on how to do it (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560401) so I won't repeat it. Removing the TCU and MULF and installing the combox takes about an hour. Remote programming took about 10 minutes.

A couple of (maybe E93 specific) notes for those doing the upgrade in the future. The PnP harness has two receptacles. The one with four cables is for the TCU connector and the one with three is for the MULF connector. They are not labeled or keyed. It is possible to hook them up backwards. Also the MOST Terminator has a protective cover on it. It wasn't very obvious until you try terminate the MULF optical connector.

I just wanted to compliment BimmerTech on their excellent customer service. They shipped my product out right away via DHL express and one day after I installed it they remotely coded my car to enable it. I like it so much that I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the BMW app kit as well.

Everything works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Appreciate 0