THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Planning a Late Summer ED?????

03-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #1
joatmon1967
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 MINI Coupe

Exclamation Planning a Late Summer ED?????

I thought I would pass along my present situation with planning my ED, to help others avoid this.

I submitted my Pre-Reservation dates last week...

July 30 and 31
August 1

I was notified by my CA yesterday morning that the dates had been rejected due to Model Year changeover. He said that I could pick-up any day prior to July 25th. Also, that no dates would be available for the WHOLE month of August.

My first question, was why could the car not be held for one week, until my arrival? He said that would exceed their time limit to hold car after production. My mind was spinning, and I really wasn't grasping the why. He offered to get me a phone number to call BMW and ask my questions. So I called BMW Specialty Sales directly, she the dates of delivery being unavailable for the MY changeover.

In my conversation with the BMW SS rep, she mentioned that my dates may have been rejected because I had included an August date, a blanket rejection. She said that I would need my CA to submit a Pre-Reservation form with July dates. Asked my CA to resubmit, his Manager said it was pointless since he had confirmed the cutoff date with another BMWSS rep. I asked him to do it anyway, I said I would hate to think I missed the opportunity because I rolled over onto my back.

Just a bit of back history....My dates are set in stone for our apartment rental in Villefranche sur Mer. Yes, I would LOVE to spend two weeks driving through the Swiss Alps, instead of one. Anyone that has been to Switzerland knows it is one of the more expensive to visit in Europe.

I thought I would pass this along to possibly help someone else avoid this issue.

Fingers Crossed
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
good luck buddy. villefrance/mer sounds fun too!
Appreciate 0