E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Reverse CIC to CCC for Warranty

03-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
omare90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Reverse CIC to CCC for Warranty

I need to take my car in for a full service per warranty. Last time I went in there the SA told me the navigation unit is broken because they can't communicate to it. They made a note to look at it fully on next visit.

To prevent warranty void (you just never know if they will overlook it when explained about retrofit), I want to reverse swap CIC to CCC for a day. Can I keep CID in there and just swap CCC unit? I'm just trying to avoid having to rewire power for CCC display.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
omare90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
The screen will not power on or work. That's why you have to reWire the connector in the first place to make the HD screen from CIC unit to work in first place. There Is no way around this so if you want to avoid dealer even noticing you MUST replace back the old screen and the connector it came with.
I was hoping someone had a custom harness created already. Since everything is intact, I'm going to piggyback off the power wires and make Y extension, given I can find the contacts, and connect the wire housing (god I hope I hope didn't lose it).
Appreciate 0