E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Logs showing individual cylinder timing correction

03-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Foghorn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI

Logs showing individual cylinder timing correction

Any of you guys have logs that show the the timing corrections for each individual cylinder? I'd be curious to see them if you'd care to share.

Also, for any of you that had one unhappy cylinder, what solutions did you apply?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
C.Pop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

All of my logs. Normally they're clean; no timing pulled in any of the cylinders. When there is noise, typically I'll get a few degrees of timing pulled in 1 cylinder, and you can see it rapidly decreases to 0 pulled timing over the next several lines of the log. Not something to be concerned about unless you see it recurring. Normal order of troubleshooting is to confirm there is a problem, then check coils, plugs, and injectors (IMO, in that order but doesn't matter).
Appreciate 0