E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Anyone here with an LCI E90 that's under factory warranty want to make an extra $100?

02-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
is_niice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything

Anyone here with an LCI E90 that's under factory warranty want to make an extra $100?

Hi everyone, this is kind of a crazy request.

Some of my LED's on my taillights went out, my car is out of warranty and I have a third party one that only covers drivetrain. When I brought it to the dealership they said that if it had the factory warranty they would replace them but since I don't, and my coverage doesn't apply that i'm out of luck...

If anyone out there is in the LA area, i'll trade you my LCI taillights with some dead LED's + $100, for your fully working ones.

Once you schedule an appt at the dealer, they will swap them out for you with brand new ones, heck, you might even get a loaner too. I would suggest calling your Service Advisor and letting him know that your LED's have gone out, for confirmation that they will be swapped out 100%. This is a very common issue and they're aware of it.

We can do the swap at my house, I'm capable of doing everything.

What do you guys say, down to help me out?!

See this link for reference:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769428
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
///M297
Private
Rep
Drives: Sold: E91 6MT. Now: 07 RS4

Why not fix it your self? Too bad, if you're close to Irvine, I probably can fix it for a small fee (I am an EE). Saw a car with flickering LED 2 days ago.
Appreciate 0