E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 HID Error

02-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

E90 HID Error

So I'm having some problems with my lights at the minute. A couple of weeks ago I fitted some 6000K H7 Hids into my e90. Ever since fitting the passenger light takes a few minutes to turn on when the car is cold. It never really bothered me because I always let me car warm up anyway. The other day I drove the car out of a parking lot and got pulled over because of it, but the officer says that It needs fixing. So I tried my spare bulbs and they did the same. I ordered new ballasts and that hasnt done anything either. So I plugged the standard bulb in and now that is doing the same, flickers once when turned on, then goes straight out for a minute and then comes on. I think that it could be a canbus error and ill need my car scanned. Its weird though because its only the passenger light, the drivers side works 100% never an issue. Just wondered if anyone has had this issue before or if anyone knew anything?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Alex.J
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i MSport

Serves you right for installing an aftermarket hid kit to a non xenon headlight!

Take them out and put halogens back in and stop blinding on comers!

Grrr!