E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Looking to purchase my first BMW...looking for some advice.

02-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
ryanakata
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i AT

Looking to purchase my first BMW...looking for some advice.

Car is located here.

I will be coming from a 2012 Honda Civic LX. I have been a lurker on these forums for a while and always loved the E92. It's very rare that one that I was looking for pops up for sale in my area. (Alpine White, Black interior, N55, etc).

Now the price may be a tad higher than what I believe I should pay. I will be trading in my Civic toward this. From the pictures it appears it doesn't have many options added. I hope that they may negotiate down a bit and not totally screw me on the trade in. The carfax shows light damage to the right rear, so I will heavily inspect that if I go to look at this. It will be a 4 hour or so drive to see and drive the car, so I do not want to waste a trip if possible.

The things that worry me is no CPO, so does that mean no warranty?

Price with no CPO, is this too high?

Anything in particular I should inspect when test driving, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Price is in the right ball park but probably can come down a bit. You can look into aftermarket warranties which several companies do offer. As is you have the remainder of the 4/50 warranty from date in service.

Now, damage...well that is a trickier one. Light cosmetic damage, bit of paint I would not be concerned and I would drop the price accordingly. Heavy damage I walk away, there's plenty of cars in the the used sea here.

- b
Appreciate 0