E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Lame Alcohol and Tint Laws

11-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
SLC 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [8.00]
Lame Alcohol and Tint Laws

WTF, I got my car in Idaho with legal tint (35% on the side and 20% in the back.) Had to register it in Utah three months later and they made me remove the 35% tint.

As if it's not bad enough that I have to drive to Wyoming to get real beer, now I have to ride around with light tint. Maybe I should register the car in Wyoming next time I make a beer run.

Other than those two thinks Utah is great (well almost.)

335i Coupe|TiAg|Black'ette/Walnut|Step|ZSP|HS|CA
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
vik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix, E83 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC 335i View Post
WTF, I got my car in Idaho with legal tint (35% on the side and 20% in the back.) Had to register it in Utah three months later and they made me remove the 35% tint.

As if it's not bad enough that I have to drive to Wyoming to get real beer, now I have to ride around with light tint. Maybe I should register the car in Wyoming next time I make a beer run.

Hey, it's not that bad. You can get pretty good beer at Squatters. Liquor stores (as little as there are around here) have awesome selections of beer. (Pilsner Urquell, Lev, Staropramen, HB, etc...)

I have 25% and 35%. I believe that 50% in the back is legal here.
      11-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

damn ....deffinitly the worst state just b/c of the real beer factor....and i am not to fond of of the religious finatics that really take freedom away from there kids and adults alike they seem way to controlling...but whatever works i guess...but no caffeine products,tobacco, alcohol, and a host of other things, medical issues...damn morons have a lot going on....at least they seem happy...but look and act mind warped....there is a huge morom temple here in glenview....strangly no mormons here they only come from utah i see utah plates and have met people ....also living in hawaii for 5 years there is a MASSIVE mormon temple...one of the guys i knew out there was dating one and she freaked out and went into the fetal position in the corner after they kissed for 5 mins...then a few weeks later they were fooling around and she did it again crying and screaming....and i saw a lot of strange mormons out there...just a very wacky religious way....seems way way to stressful
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
SLC 335i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Hey, it's not that bad. You can get pretty good beer at Squatters. Liquor stores (as little as there are around here) have awesome selections of beer. (Pilsner Urquell, Lev, Staropramen, HB, etc...)

I have 25% and 35%. I believe that 50% in the back is legal here.
The woman at the inspection place said that many people get the car registered first, and then get the dark tint installed. That way they can keep it for two years.

Where's Squatters? Is that in the SLC?

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
SLC 335i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
damn ....deffinitly the worst state just b/c of the real beer factor....and i am not to fond of of the religious finatics that really take freedom away from there kids and adults alike they seem way to controlling...but whatever works i guess...but no caffeine products,tobacco, alcohol, and a host of other things, medical issues...damn morons have a lot going on....at least they seem happy...but look and act mind warped....there is a huge morom temple here in glenview....strangly no mormons here they only come from utah i see utah plates and have met people ....also living in hawaii for 5 years there is a MASSIVE mormon temple...one of the guys i knew out there was dating one and she freaked out and went into the fetal position in the corner after they kissed for 5 mins...then a few weeks later they were fooling around and she did it again crying and screaming....and i saw a lot of strange mormons out there...just a very wacky religious way....seems way way to stressful
That's kind of what I meant by "well almost" in my original post, but thanks for elaborating...

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
vik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix, E83 3.0i

Quote:
The woman at the inspection place said that many people get the car registered first, and then get the dark tint installed. That way they can keep it for two years.

Where's Squatters? Is that in the SLC?
SLC, on 300 south. http://www.squatters.com/
Nice beer and good food.
      11-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:

Well..he are your options..Have legal tint, or have illegal darker tint and risk getting shot by a patrolman because he "thinks" he saw you go for a gun through the dark tint.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Well..he are your options..Have legal tint, or have illegal darker tint and risk getting shot by a patrolman because he "thinks" he saw you go for a gun through the dark tint.
I was just about to comment with regards to law enforcement.

Tint, from our perspective, is dangerous, and it impedes our ability to protect ourselves. I will cite for tint infractions, and I will make no qualms about it. Too many friends have been put in jeopardy because of it.

Now as far as front plates are concerned, no worries! I don't utilize a front plate on my BMW either.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
SLC 335i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

Tint, from our perspective, is dangerous, and it impedes our ability to protect ourselves. I will cite for tint infractions, and I will make no qualms about it. Too many friends have been put in jeopardy because of it.

Now as far as front plates are concerned, no worries! I don't utilize a front plate on my BMW either.
That's a good point. I wouldn't want to put anyone's life at risk. I'll trade in my dark tint for no speeding ticket. If you see me flying by with light tint, don't pull me over. On the other hand, you might be more hesitant to pull me over if I had dark tint.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #10
SLC 335i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
SLC, on 300 south. http://www.squatters.com/
Nice beer and good food.
Looks awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

If getting pulled over, I roll down all my windows, turn on all the interior lights and put my hands on the wheel.....anything i'm missing?

O yea, should mention that my tint's 10% all the way round....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

I'm glad my car is registered in South Carolina. I would have been pissed if I had to take my tint off. Utah isn't too bad once you get passed the stuff you mentioned...lol
      12-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335viaSTi View Post
I'm glad my car is registered in South Carolina. I would have been pissed if I had to take my tint off. Utah isn't too bad once you get passed the stuff you mentioned...lol
I didnt know you were here already! You need to come on a drive with us one day.
      12-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #14
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Utah tint law is 50% front and anything rear. I have 35% on mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zameergill View Post
If getting pulled over, I roll down all my windows, turn on all the interior lights and put my hands on the wheel.....anything i'm missing?

O yea, should mention that my tint's 10% all the way round....
You live in AZ.. We have the most lax enforcement of window tint, party due to the summer sun. In my entire life of living here I have only known 1 person to get a tint fix it ticket in AZ and it was because the kid was a douch to the cop and the ticket was in addition to speeding, not having working turn signals, not having cats, or proper display of license plate (custom pick up and he had his plate in the back window behind his limo tint all around)
Appreciate 0