E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Annoying SES

02-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

Annoying SES

2010 N54 37k miles. JB4, DCI, Strett CP/Tial BOV

I recently got my car serviced two weeks ago and they replaced my fuel sensor, wastegate acutators and fixed my oil leak and trans gasket leak and new sparkplugs. Prior to getting my car serviced I had no issues and no codes and no problems boosting.

Day after getting the car back I got SES while driving normally. I had two codes 2D2E and 2AAF. 2D2E Angle of throttle valve -intake pipe underpressure correlation and 2AAF is fuel pump plausibility. I have had both codes before but no SES.

I have cleared codes 3-4 times and the SES turns off and stays off for days and randomly comes on, the 2D2E and 2AAF are usually always there. There is no pattern. I also feel the car is boosting less, before it would boost nice and strong on map 1 around 12 PSI, now it barely boosts 10 PSI.

Terry tells me these codes are benign but I have full warranty for a few more months and was wondering what you guys think? My dealer is mod friendly but apparently 2D2E is a tuner code. Any idea?
Appreciate 0