E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OpenFlash Tablet: Enhanced Data Logging (and other updates)

02-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation OpenFlash Tablet: Enhanced Data Logging (and other updates)

Hi guys,
Sorry for being relatively absent from this forum. Been busy last two months getting new OFT applications/features ready for release. And here is one of them. Just released for the N54 OFT minutes ago. To get this update, you will have to connect your OFT to your laptop and run OpenFlash Manager with a WIFI connection. After the OFT auto updates, you will need to download a new Upgrade Template File (Template File 6) and load it to your OFT. Without upload this new Template, you will not have access to these new functions shown in the video below:

More channels will be added over the next couple of weeks.

Also coming next week for the N54 OFT is 3 Touch Programming which allows the OFT to auto-generate compatible tuning files based on the instructions provided by a database file (preloaded by us or loaded by the user). This allows the OFT to patches the tuning data for you so you won't have to use Tuner Pro's patch function or manually copy and past values. No laptop necessary. We added this feature to the BRZ/FRS OFT a few week ago and it has made things a lot easier for the end user. Here is a video demonstrating how it works:

Lastly, just a heads up so no one is surprised, the current introductory price for the N54 OFT ($395) will only be valid until Sunday. On Monday, the price will be set to $499 (the same as BRZ/FRS and MX5).

If anyone has any questions, please email us (sales@vishnutuning.com) or PM Garrett@vishnu or Robert@vishnu. I'm not on the forum too often these days so I don't suggest PMing me. Have a great weakend!

Cheers
Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 02-07-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
Sorry for being relatively absent from this forum. Been busy last two months getting new OFT applications/features ready for release. And here is one of them. Just released for the N54 OFT minutes ago. To get this update, you will have to connect your OFT to your laptop and run OpenFlash Manager with a WIFI connection. After the OFT auto updates, you will need to a new Upgrade Template File (Template File 6) and load it to your OFT. Without upload this new Template, you will not have access to these new functions shown in the video below:

More channels will be added over the next couple of weeks.

Also coming next week for the N54 OFT is 3 Touch Programming which allows the OFT to auto-generate compatible tuning files based on the instructions provided by a database file (preloaded by us or loaded by the user). This allows the OFT to patches the tuning data for you so you won't have to use Tuner Pro's patch function or manually copy and past values. No laptop necessary. We added this feature to the BRZ/FRS OFT a few week ago and it has made things a lot easier for the end user. Here is a video demonstrating how it works:

Lastly, just a heads up so no one is surprised, the current introductory price for the N54 OFT ($395) will only be valid until Sunday. On Monday, the price will be set to $499 (the same as BRZ/FRS and MX5).

If anyone has any questions, please email us (sales@vishnutuning.com) or PM Garrett@vishnu or Robert@vishnu. I'm not on the forum too often these days so I don't suggest PMing me. Have a great weakend!

Cheers
Shiv
Nice update. Does this update allow you to log with the procede installed as well yet?
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Solid update, those logging functions were needed big time

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
jan31
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 428I Xdrive (N26)

Garage List
N52 OTF will continue at$399?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #5
Aerotest
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6MT

Very nice. Life just got a little easier. Tks for sticking by the OFT users despite the attacks.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Timing is everything lol. Just updated my OFT to N54 spec an hour ago.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
CoralRed335XI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335XI Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335XI  [3.66]
      02-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Nice update. Does this update allow you to log with the procede installed as well yet?
No it does not. That would have been feasible if they logged the same channels but now the OFT has a much larger set of available channels to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Solid update, those logging functions were needed big time
I agree that they were long overdue. We will make up for it over the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
N52 OTF will continue at$399?
For the time being, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotest View Post
Very nice. Life just got a little easier. Tks for sticking by the OFT users despite the attacks.
No problem. I was not aware of any attacks. Been too buried in application development these past few months. But I'm glad this update is well-received. We look forward to enhancing it further and porting it over to other OFT platforms as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
Timing is everything lol. Just updated my OFT to N54 spec an hour ago.
Right on

Last edited by OpenFlash; 02-07-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
DesertDude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 DCT

Thanks for the updates!

For those of us with custom tuning files, how will the 3 touch programming work with our existing files? Will we have to create a new database file with the values we changed from stock? Is this automated some how?

What will the procedure be to load a new custom map created in Tuner Pro to the OFT with 3 touch programming?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #10
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Not sure if mentioned or not, does this fix the fuel gauge boost hijacking? Doesn't work for me since the last update
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #11
SM335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

If I buy one now, will it come with all these updates (no laptop necessary flashing) ? And any word on injector coding through off?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 03:13 AM   #12
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
No it does not. That would have been feasible if they logged the same channels but now the OFT has a much larger set of available channels to choose from

So this can't be feasible why? You couldn't get the procede to log the same? I would rather log with the OTF than the laptop for obvious reasons. Also when will the write speed increase
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #13
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR;*****052
So this can't be feasible why? You couldn't get the procede to log the same? I would rather log with the OTF than the laptop for obvious reasons. Also when will the write speed increase
+1 I am using JB4/BB flash right now but would almost definitely switch to the Procede/Tablet combo if I could use procede and log with the tablet.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
sutter2k
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Good job with the updates.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Not sure if mentioned or not, does this fix the fuel gauge boost hijacking? Doesn't work for me since the last update
The only car that in the in-dash boost gauge won't work on is early 2007 pre-CANbus cars. Make sure you upload the new Template with this update. Without the template file, some messages (including the one for enabling in-dash boost gauge) may be missing.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM335i;*****018
If I buy one now, will it come with all these updates (no laptop necessary flashing) ? And any word on injector coding through off?
Yes, we will be pre-loading all new OFT orders with Stage 0, 1 and 2 maps. No immediate plans on adding injector coding functionality. I looked at what was involved not too long ago and it was a bit more than I had anticipated. Still do-able but not in the immediate plans unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR;*****052
The Procede needs certain CAN datalog channels to be active (i.e., control boost/thrrottle). So their would always need to be given set of selected channels. This only leaves a few channels open for additional user selection. Then the Procede firmware would have to be modified to only listen for data packets, and not request them. This would mean that the Procede would only be functional when the OFT is plugged in and datalogging. And then would have to switch modes (back to request and listen) when the OFT is unplugged. It's quite a bit of work to do and given our workload right now, it's not something that we can promise anytime soon. We have developed the Procede for 7 years straight. But now our main priority is to add functionality and platform support for the OFT. Definitely more scalable for a business point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutter2k View Post
Good job with the updates.
Thanks We will have more coming soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #17
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Thanks for the updates Shiv!
Is the BMW OFT section staying on Procedetuning.com or are you planning to add it to the OFT website with the FRS, MX5, and the 911?

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #18
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDude
For those of us with custom tuning files, how will the 3 touch programming work with our existing files? Will we have to create a new database file with the values we changed from stock? Is this automated some how?

What will the procedure be to load a new custom map created in Tuner Pro to the OFT with 3 touch programming?
+1

And will the process to toggle between maps (i.e., stage 1 vs. stock or E85) change?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
Norris_83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Great stuff as always Shiv!

I do remember you guys were thinking about the M3 tunes? Any ideas when that will be released?

Just out of curiousity, I was logging my E92 and my fueling is perfect 11.3 all the way to redline. Spark advance on the other hand was very low. Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to get out the laptop and adjust the timing and re-install etc etc.

Is there a chance to get an update with a customisable handheld where we can increase/decrease timing and fueling from the OFT tablet itself? That would make life a lot easier and a lot more fun.

Maybe also read back of the log from the handheld? It would be similar to the Diablosport handhelds.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
Thanks for the updates Shiv!
Is the BMW OFT section staying on Procedetuning.com or are you planning to add it to the OFT website with the FRS, MX5, and the 911?
It will be moved to the openflashtablet.com website soon. It's hard enough to manage one site let alone two!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #21
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDude View Post
Thanks for the updates!

For those who already have custom tuning files loaded on their OFT, the 3 touch programming won't do much for you. It's mainly for those new users who want a super easy installation (i.e., no laptop or tuner pro). If you already patched your tune ROM, nothing left to do.

With 3 touch programming, you can still load tuned ROMs conventionally. It will just write over whatever pre-loaded maps your OFT came with (this only applies to new customers who get pre-loaded maps on new OFTs of course!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_83 View Post
Great stuff as always Shiv!

I do remember you guys were thinking about the M3 tunes? Any ideas when that will be released?

Just out of curiousity, I was logging my E92 and my fueling is perfect 11.3 all the way to redline. Spark advance on the other hand was very low. Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to get out the laptop and adjust the timing and re-install etc etc.

Is there a chance to get an update with a customisable handheld where we can increase/decrease timing and fueling from the OFT tablet itself? That would make life a lot easier and a lot more fun.

Maybe also read back of the log from the handheld? It would be similar to the Diablosport handhelds.
ROM editing on the OFT itself is still a long way off. For custom tuning, a laptop will be required for the foreseeable future. Data log viewing (on OFT screen), on the other hand, is something that we will be doing. We are already half-way there with the data graphing screen. All these is left is the ability move a cursor backwards and recall the values at that point. Not trivial to do on our end. But it is possible and something I'm personally looking forward to

Cheers
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #22
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
no more procede huh