E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 330d dpf etc

02-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
cj170579
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91

330d dpf etc

Evening,
My 330d recently experienced some spluttering mid rev range and was like driving a tractor on many occations! I took it to my local garage and he plugged it in to the computer and stated many failures but the dpf was the main one!

Getting to the point of the post... the car has warranty remaining and the garage where I purchased the car said they wanted to inspect and get the work done locally to them. Since talking to them they claim the dpf is going to be flushed/cleaned out and not replaced! Is this ok to accept and how long will it last? The diagnosis I had completed also said the glow plugs were all fualty and possible injector issue! Garage claim these codes came up due to the dpf failure and nothing is wrong with them. Is this true it can happen?

Thoughts, knowledge and views much welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
You don't state the year of the car, but in relation to the glow plugs, it's probably the glow plug controller rather than the plugs themselves.

As for the DPF, it may be fine after a flush. If the car has fault codes then it won't do a regen so once they are clear things should be good again....

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
cj170579
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91

it is a 2006 plate with 69k on the clock. how long should it last following a flush out?

I was hoping the garage (non-franchise) would change it under warranty but no such luck. going to ask the garage for a guarantee of some sort as I don't want this stitching me up in 2 months when the warranty runs out!
Appreciate 0