E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D Harsh/poor braking and wheel shaking over 60mph..

02-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D stock engine

Question 335D Harsh/poor braking and wheel shaking over 60mph..

Hi All,

I'm back! Happy New Year!

Been away since my previous threads last year but will have new stuff to upload this year.

I have had my wheels re-aligned and balanced 3 times within the last 6 months and still have the same problem. I had a mechanic look at my discs and pads and claims they are fine, but I CONTINUE to have harsh/poor braking at anything over 40mph.

In addition to this, over 60 the front wheels shake quite a bit, I was thinking warped disc etc but had them checked.. Any ideas?

I'm still running EBC drilled grooved discs and EBC Red Stuff Pads which both have not been changed since October 2012. I have done 25k miles since they were fitted.

Planning to get the pads changed all around this weekend, but will be disappointed if this doesn't resolve at least part of the problem...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
JDG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Well you've have your basics covered. Mostly sounds like your rotors are warped but you say you're had them spec'd. How were they checked? I thought you couldnt lathe drilled and slotted rotors.

Next, while not as likely, did they check the roundness of your rims?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
335DieselPower
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D stock engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG View Post
Well you've have your basics covered. Mostly sounds like your rotors are warped but you say you're had them spec'd. How were they checked? I thought you couldnt lathe drilled and slotted rotors.

Next, while not as likely, did they check the roundness of your rims?
I don't think so. I will need to find out for sure though.. Guessing it is the rotors then. Thanks for the input
Appreciate 0