E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to CIC upgrade

01-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

CCC to CIC upgrade

I have a few questions here - I'm trying to get this quoted (although it seems nobody has replied) - but for those who have had this done or do it... here is what I need to know.

I travel for sales - so I use the NAV. I live in Atlanta - so the traffic update is helpful (although sometimes it tells me traffic ahead when I'm already in traffic - but otherwise it works excellent). I use the Bluetooth to talk hands free and I use my ipod more than the XM radio. I have BMW assist, yet I've never used it because the bastards wouldn't activate send to car via google with my CDMA telematics crap.

What I want is the upgraded CIC - I would like to retain traffic, NAV, Bluetooth, and XM radio. I would like to keep BMW assist although I understand its possible, but unlikely. I would like to add PDC front and back with camera - Lastly I would like to understand what the whole google search or BMW apps or BMW live, etc -gives me -

So with that being said - what am I looking at here? Can anybody PM me on cost? Parts? What would I gain / loose from the above?

Thanks very much for your time in looking and helping...

BC
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
335 the hard way
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

Bump for this, I'm looking to do the same
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 03:15 AM   #3
stevens
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

You should be able to keep assist if you dont change your TCU as thats where the sim card is, so as long as you dont fit combox after the CIC you should be good on that front.

You should be able to keep all the rest as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 03:45 AM   #4
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

i am about to upgrade from CCC to CIC
just recieved all parts from bimmerretrofit.com
only thing i have to do is custom install the new 8button idrive. but have place locally that will do that for me.
Appreciate 0