E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Mtech Replica Required parts

01-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
psychosinmylobby
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sparkling Graphite

Garage List
Mtech Replica Required parts

I have searched the forums and cannot find any information on this. I am planning to install a mtech replica front from ecstuning. (as far as I know it is the same one from **********s and jgmods) I am aware of the problems regarding the front air ducts (read: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441532 and http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706810) Should I assume the replica is an exact replica and requireing the extra underbody panel, the ducts, as well as the fender liners? Would not buying these parts constitute fitment /performance issues? Or is the bumper modified similar to the rear replica which is designed to fit non mtech supports etc? My plans is to buy just the ducts and the bumper. I want to build a list of required parts needed for this retrofit.

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

People would flame you for not searching this topic that's been discussed a hundred times but I'm going to make this nice and easy -

The replica is good to go. You don't need the extra parts as if you were going to go OEM. The replica was designed not to need the extra parts.
      01-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
psychosinmylobby
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sparkling Graphite

Garage List
Thanks for the quick reply. According to the second link, the factory ducts will not match up. What are the extra fenderliners mentioned in the first link even used for?

Edit:I forgot to make it clear, this is regarding the front bumper.

Last edited by psychosinmylobby; 01-11-2014 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosinmylobby View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. According to the second link, the factory ducts will not match up. What are the extra fenderliners mentioned in the first link even used for?
Since I have an OEM Msport bumper I'm not going to give you any unsure answers. PM JStang (OP of the 2nd link).