E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 SE Aero alternatives?

01-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Turk88
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

E92 SE Aero alternatives?

Hi folks,

Picking up my 335i SE next week and want to explore all the options for front splitters.

I am not the biggest fan of the Aero front, but it's the best of a bad bunch that i have seen so far. Anyone know of any alternatives?

I guess the other option is to go down the M-sport front bumper route and then throw a nice splitter on, but could be costly!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

1M look front bumper?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

For me this is the business:

http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=653

I would have gone for it myself but with mine being quite low was worried about clearance and thought the aero provided better ground clearance and wouldn’t be too much of an issue using daily.

I’ve had cars in the past were splitters got destroyed on a regular basis and with the wife driving this one aswell I could see it getting mullered very quickly! Its an expensive past time repairing them!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

You can also get the AC Schnitzer front spoiler/splitter which is similar to the aero lip
      01-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Turk88
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
For me this is the business:

http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=653

I would have gone for it myself but with mine being quite low was worried about clearance and thought the aero provided better ground clearance and wouldn’t be too much of an issue using daily.

I’ve had cars in the past were splitters got destroyed on a regular basis and with the wife driving this one aswell I could see it getting mullered very quickly! Its an expensive past time repairing them!!
Yeah that's pretty nice, doesn't appear to sit that much lower than standard? The SE lacks a bit of depth on the front end I think. Definitely an option though, not aggressive in anyway but gives it a pretty smooth euro look. Msport + kerscher would be ideal from what I've seen so far but obviously have to stick within my budget for now!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #6
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk88 View Post
Yeah that's pretty nice, doesn't appear to sit that much lower than standard? The SE lacks a bit of depth on the front end I think. Definitely an option though, not aggressive in anyway but gives it a pretty smooth euro look. Msport + kerscher would be ideal from what I've seen so far but obviously have to stick within my budget for now!
I always found the issue to be that when a spoiler sticks out further it causes issues in multi stories and with speed bumps....

Its a replica of the voresteiner spliter, google that and you will get a better idea and some inspiration!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #7
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Had a aero front splitter fitted to mine and it makes a huge difference and I think it's probably the best option for the SE. Alternatively as you say you can pick up complete M-sport bumpers on ebay but you do need to change a few bits as I recall. Still you may get lucky and find one in the same colour as your car as they do seem to be appear on there quite regularly and it probably won't cost you much more than getting an SE aero painted and fitted.
Appreciate 0