E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help with seat swap. Pre LCI into LCI e90 with headrest swap

12-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
moto417
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 335xi

Help with seat swap. Pre LCI into LCI e90 with headrest swap

Hello, I'm new and tried hard to search for this info but can't find it.

I just bought a 2009 e90 xdrive without sport package. I know that the seats have the active headrest and that is what prevents putting pre LCI sport seats in my car.

Why couldn't i just put the active headrest into the pre LCI seat?

I have found guides on removing the active headrest from the LCI seats. Couldn't i just reroute the single wire from the headrest down through the new seat and plug it right in?

It seems like this would be possible but every thread I've found says pre LCI seats are non compatible with LCI seats because of the active head restraints.

Any info on this would be great because I found some pre LCI sport seats locally and already bought them
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
moto417
Private
Rep

Somebody must know? Is the wring all the same on the seats? Provided the old and new seats have the same options (heat lumber etc.)?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
moto417
Private
Rep

Well just to let you know, I went ahead and did the swap and it worked! After you remove the seat back you can disconnect the harness for the active headrests and the just take out the wire and reroute it into the new seat. The harness on the bottom of the seat is clipped on, not integrated.

Hope this helps people in the future!

pre LCI seats WILL fit into LCI cars without dealing with an airbag light.

cheers
Appreciate 0