ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Crystallized
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
Location: Hacienda Heights, CA (20 minutes east of Los Angeles)

Possible Headlight Assembly Replacement?

So I bought my 2003 Z4 3.0 and it had been through a front end accident before the purchase. This was explained in great detail to me and I accepted it.

I have found out that the right headlight shoots up and the left one shoots straight. I went behind the headlight assembly and attempted to straighted it by turning the screw behind it, but the screw does nothing and appears to be broken.

The left headlight assembly works fine and I can turn the screw making the headlight go up and down with ease. What this has left me with is one headlight shooting at the road ahead, and the other into people's eyes in front of me.

The right headlight assembly needs to be replaced, I think. How hard would it be to replace? I'm thinking of bringing it down to a body shop to get it replaced. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I bought an extended warranty through my credit union when I bought it, but I'm pretty sure this problem doesn't fall in the "Mechanical Breakdown" category. Though, I'm still going to call in and check to see if I'm covered before I bring it anywhere, but I'd like to get second opinions here in case it isn't covered under warranty.

Oh...and first time poster, newly registered here...so be gentle =)

Anyone?

Last edited by Crystallized; 10-30-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Added a line.
Appreciate 0