E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92-Lighting DTEC 64W H8 Angel Eyes (Updated with Pics)

12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
modobrew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

E92-Lighting DTEC 64W H8 Angel Eyes (Updated with Pics)

I wanted to start a thread to provide my thoughts on these H8 bulbs from E92-Lighting. (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918510)

I purchased these last week and received them today. I got around to installing them tonight. I swear BMW didn't leave any room to get to these bulbs. Unless you have tiny ass hands, its nearly impossible to change these bulbs without removing the front wheels. I did, however, manage to get them changed out without removing the wheels. The passenger side was much easier than the drivers, albeit, I did loosen the air intake box to help give me more room. It took me about 30-45 minutes, a lot of 4 letter words, some cuts and bruises, but they're installed. This is no fault of E92-Lighting, just BMW's design under the hood.

Overall I am really impressed with color and light output from these bulbs. MUCH MUCH better than the stock halogen. I didn't get a chance to get any pics tonight, but will try to get some tomorrow if I get a chance. I have yet to see them in the daylight, but will try to get pics of daytime shots as well.

Time will only tell how well they are built and how long they will last, but at the moment I am extremely happy with this purchase. I will check back in after a few months to provide an update.

Last edited by modobrew; 12-17-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
modobrew
First Lieutenant
Rep

Updated with Pics

Dusk Pictures

Night Shot (I believe these night shots best capture the color)

Night Shot with HID on

And for factory reference.

I'll try to get some shots during the daytime tomorrow. Overall I am very pleased with light output and color. I plan on upgrading my HIDs to Morimoto D1S 6000k in the near future. So far I'd recommend these.

Last edited by modobrew; 12-17-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Infamy
underground
Rep
Drives: alpine white 335 E92

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [9.66]
looks good!! watch the curb rash
      12-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
modobrew
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
looks good!! watch the curb rash
Those are from the previous owner. I'm usually at least a foot from the curb when I park. It will hopefully be resprayed eventually and CF splitters will be going on as well.
      12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by modobrew View Post
I wanted to start a thread to provide my thoughts on these H8 bulbs from E92-Lighting. (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918510)

I purchased these last week and received them today. I got around to installing them tonight. I swear BMW didn't leave any room to get to these bulbs. Unless you have tiny ass hands, its nearly impossible to change these bulbs without removing the front wheels. I did, however, manage to get them changed out without removing the wheels. The passenger side was much easier than the drivers, albeit, I did loosen the air intake box to help give me more room. It took me about 30-45 minutes, a lot of 4 letter words, some cuts and bruises, but they're installed. This is no fault of E92-Lighting, just BMW's design under the hood.

Overall I am really impressed with color and light output from these bulbs. MUCH MUCH better than the stock halogen. I didn't get a chance to get any pics tonight, but will try to get some tomorrow if I get a chance. I have yet to see them in the daylight, but will try to get pics of daytime shots as well.

Time will only tell how well they are built and how long they will last, but at the moment I am extremely happy with this purchase. I will check back in after a few months to provide an update.
awesome shots! and much brighter than OEM angel eyes as well, this is how factory should look! we hope you love the OEM factory connectors, that was made on purpose!
Appreciate 0