E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help, limp mode

11-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 97 Supra

Help, limp mode

So my car has been acting really funky the past couple days. it's a 07 e92 335i I've only had it a month, but two days ago, it was raiing and the windshield wipers wouldnt turn off, ended up having to pull the fuse to finally get them to shut down. Yesterday, i installed vrsf downpipes and a cdv delete, while car is on lift i turn it on to check for exhaust leaks, horn starts blowing for no reason, pull horn fuse.

Took car out for testdrive, drove fine until i stalled it (learning bms clutch stop), once i started it back up it was in limp mode? i think, gave me an engine malfunction light, but was able to get it a mile back home. Turned it off, locked up, restarted it a few min later and it was fine..

Drove fine last night and this morning, until i get on it a little and it cut outs and backfires, goes back into limp mode. Brake light, dsc light, check engine light all on, made it home again

currently have codes 30BA (DME, internal failure) and 2a2b (fuel mixture control)

What should i do?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep

Did some searching, sounds like it could be faulty DME. Checked with BMW dealership and they said my car is not one of the ones on the 07 DME faulty diode recall so no luck on that. I still have the 80k mile turbo/emissions warranty that might cover the DME, however my cars has mods and i can't put it back to stock (intercooler, downpipes, intake, CP).

Found a place in FL called specialized ecu repair that seems like it can fix it. Should i send it to them to have it checked out?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
BadassBlaze
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego Blue E92 335i

Hate to see you having problems with it. Car was pretty much flawless when I had it.

On the horn issue, pop the steering wheel cover off and check the ground for the horn. I had it do that to me and turns out the connection there was making contact and grounding the horn out permanently. Fixed that, put fuse back in, and all was good. I don't know why it would come back, but it takes about 10 minutes to see if thats the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I had my dme replaced with a msd81 and I don't understand, it took over 3 weeks and the dealership said my car rejected the initial replacement. Seriously did they even check my car's blood type before they attempted the transplant?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
elijahcole92
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadassBlaze View Post
Hate to see you having problems with it. Car was pretty much flawless when I had it.

On the horn issue, pop the steering wheel cover off and check the ground for the horn. I had it do that to me and turns out the connection there was making contact and grounding the horn out permanently. Fixed that, put fuse back in, and all was good. I don't know why it would come back, but it takes about 10 minutes to see if thats the problem.
Thanks man. Since replacing the fuse it hasn't happened again
Appreciate 0