F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > SiriusXM on Free Preview until 12/3
proTUNING Freaks

11-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

SiriusXM on Free Preview until 12/3

SiriusXM (Sirius on BMWs) authorized all receivers today (11/20) trying to bait people with free sampling.

Anyone considering paying for Sirius and want to truly hear how bad the 20+ year old codec on the Sirius units (not the XM units) really is prior to spending your money, you have your chance to to sample it for free now until Tuesday December 3rd before spending any of your cash.

If Sirius is not coded as an option in your BMW, I doubt it will work even though it is authorized to work currently by Sirius.

Also, if you have any other cars brands that use the Sirius or XM realtime traffic maps etc, these will also work as well through December 3rd. (BMW uses a free service that picks up traffic info from HD Radio Stations in the area). I believe Mercedes, Porsche and Lexus/Toyota (among others) use this service from XM.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
glangford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328d

Yea, I wish BMW had used XM back when they started doing sat radio instead of Sirius. But I wanted a clean look as opposed to using my old XM roady and the aux port. It's not that noticeable so I'm fine.
Appreciate 0