F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cherished plate transfer
ARMA SPEED

11-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d F30 MSport

Cherished plate transfer

Only one month to go until delivery of my new car. Getting a bit tired of waiting now...

Anyway I've got the old number plates back on my 123d and holding a retention certificate for the cherished one.

My plan was to take delivery of the new car on regular plates, then apply to transfer the cherished on to it soon after I got it.

So my question is, what exactly is the process between me & dealer & DVLA to shorten this process and put the cherished plates on from day one?

Cheers
      11-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
ben_e71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

ring your dealer - they will do it all the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes I will do. When I enquired at the point of ordering he ushered me away on that topic, suggesting it's easier to do it myself and with all the other stuff going on I let it pass planning to come back later on the subject with him.

Now is that time but I want to be armed with the knowledge of exactly what's involved. You know so I can start the conversation from a point of knowledge rather than just ".. can you do it for me".

Also, I'd rather hear it from a knowledgeable forum member rather than my dealer.

Hence the post.
      11-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
geoffgp
England
Rep
Drives: F31 330D XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTT View Post
Yes I will do. When I enquired at the point of ordering he ushered me away on that topic, suggesting it's easier to do it myself and with all the other stuff going on I let it pass planning to come back later on the subject with him.

Now is that time but I want to be armed with the knowledge of exactly what's involved. You know so I can start the conversation from a point of knowledge rather than just ".. can you do it for me".

Also, I'd rather hear it from a knowledgeable forum member rather than my dealer.

Hence the post.
I had my number changed just after delivery and the dealer did everything, dealing with the DVLA etc. Then when they received the disc etc I just dropped it down and they just changed the plates while I waited. No charge!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
335dJa
Captain
Rep
Drives: Yes

I gave my entitlement certificate to the dealer and he simply registered the car to my plate rather than one of their stock ones. No problem at all as long as the car is registered to a name that is on the entitlement cert.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
PurpleTT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok well that all sounds simple enough thank you. I was led to believe by the salesman it was complicated!

Cheers, I shall now make that call.