Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

M4 almost ordered for March Production - April delivery

So my amazing local BMW dealer surprised me with an incredible offer last Thursday to allow me to buy his dealer allotted 1st M4 Demo which would have guaranteed me to be among the first customers to get the car in the states. the dealer guide released here was spot on accurate with options but my dealer had absolutely ZERO information on pricing. It would be a blind order if I committed to buying demo car for whatever it was plus a set % deal over invoice. I would be able to take delivery immediately on arrival and nobody would drive the car but me nor would it have to sit in showroom until another arrived. Prod date was early march with an April delivery. My mind went crazy with visions of spring curve carving but after logic began to creep in I declined! Am I crazy!?

My dream to do ED with Alps and the Ring was too strong. I also really want the B&O sound system missing from dealer spec being that I am a huge audiophile and curious to see if I can build a loaded car with CCB for ED under $80k. Sure it would be cool to be the first and can only imagine the line of new "buddies" from local CCA chapter waiting for a turn at a test drive. I think my initial goal of a Mid-April ED delivery is looking more like a realistic expectation at this point though.

What would you have done?
      11-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

I think you made the right choice since you want to do euro delivery. Beside these aren't limited production cars anyway, but if you want to be the first to play when then you'll have to pay. What's more important to you first to play or euro delivery?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Exactly what the choice is at end of day. If CCB was not an option at all I may have jumped on the deal but balancing performance with common sense prevailed. Probably about two months difference and have already been waiting this long so might as well wait for the total dream scenario.
      11-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
kumar911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M & 2014 Cayenne Diesel

Yeah thats fair! Its best to wait for the car thats specd and built exactly the way you would like it!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
moonsault270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 F82

I am in the same exact position as you. I took it, it will be ordered to my specs , unfortunatley I will not be able to visualize online. I will be paying MSRP , that was agreed in writing. I am hoping that the dealer gets some type of visual configurator for me but who knows.

They will place the order in December for April delivery, although I may do PC delivery which will push it back a bit.

Only reason I did this is because my current f10 lease is up 11/22 and needed to put a deposit down on something to get lease extended. Did not want to risk not having a car for a while if demand for this thing is high. Otherwise I could have waited easily.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

It seems some or most dealers are getting their demo M4 in April. My dealer who I got my last e92 from also called me last Friday to come and try out the new M4 in April.

I'll go and drive it, but I won't be able to get into one until 2015 when my current lease is over....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Rican View Post
So my amazing local BMW dealer surprised me with an incredible offer last Thursday to allow me to buy his dealer allotted 1st M4 Demo which would have guaranteed me to be among the first customers to get the car in the states. the dealer guide released here was spot on accurate with options but my dealer had absolutely ZERO information on pricing. It would be a blind order if I committed to buying demo car for whatever it was plus a set % deal over invoice. I would be able to take delivery immediately on arrival and nobody would drive the car but me nor would it have to sit in showroom until another arrived. Prod date was early march with an April delivery. My mind went crazy with visions of spring curve carving but after logic began to creep in I declined! Am I crazy!?

My dream to do ED with Alps and the Ring was too strong. I also really want the B&O sound system missing from dealer spec being that I am a huge audiophile and curious to see if I can build a loaded car with CCB for ED under $80k. Sure it would be cool to be the first and can only imagine the line of new "buddies" from local CCA chapter waiting for a turn at a test drive. I think my initial goal of a Mid-April ED delivery is looking more like a realistic expectation at this point though.

I would have backed off too. I like what I like and for that amount of coin I want it optioned to fit my liking. I would not pay over MSRP either!!
      11-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

For a car of this price (or really, any car), you should have it spec'ed exactly the way you want it. No reason not to wait.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
moonsault270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 F82

You were offered local delivery at a % over dealer invoice? I would jump on that in a heartbeat, unless your dead set on having an awesome ED experience. The dealer order guide does have 688 HK surround sound, do you think the B&O will be offered?

Also have you spoken to your SA about the possibility of BMW taking ED deliveries out of dealer allocation like they did with the outgoing e90M3? Would they still offer ED with discount?

Good luck and post often!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
robguenther13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Preordered 2014 M4

I am using the factory direct pricing through military auto sales. They are saying I will have a May delivery. Super tough to beat considering the unreal amount I will be saving.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsault270
I am in the same exact position as you. I took it, it will be ordered to my specs , unfortunatley I will not be able to visualize online. I will be paying MSRP , that was agreed in writing. I am hoping that the dealer gets some type of visual configurator for me but who knows.

They will place the order in December for April delivery, although I may do PC delivery which will push it back a bit.

Only reason I did this is because my current f10 lease is up 11/22 and needed to put a deposit down on something to get lease extended. Did not want to risk not having a car for a while if demand for this thing is high. Otherwise I could have waited easily.
Makes sense in your situation. Did you get any actual pricing or just agreement to pay MSRP. in my eyes anything at or below MSRP is a good deal as demand will be strong early driving price up.
      11-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
XtoM
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4. Soon......

Mine told me last week that I'll be looking at July / August next year for delivery, and I've been the first order for a month or two now.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsault270
You were offered local delivery at a % over dealer invoice? I would jump on that in a heartbeat, unless your dead set on having an awesome ED experience. The dealer order guide does have 688 HK surround sound, do you think the B&O will be offered?

Also have you spoken to your SA about the possibility of BMW taking ED deliveries out of dealer allocation like they did with the outgoing e90M3? Would they still offer ED with discount?

Good luck and post often!
Yes ED is the dream so in sticking to my guns. I agreed to keep % over invoice between dealer and I quiet as part of the deal. No word on B&O system yet but you can believe I check often. Also no word on ED allocations but my dealer will do it for an even better deal of it does not come out allocations like the M5 did early on. I doubt anybody else will get the deal I have but you have to appreciate that I refer customers to same dealer all the time making them money so it's that kind of relationship. My friends get great deals in a BMW and I accumulate charity points
      11-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtoM
Mine told me last week that I'll be looking at July / August next year for delivery, and I've been the first order for a month or two now.
This seems like a very late delivery if you are first in line. Production starts inate Feb/ March for dealer cars so would think that by end of March at latest customer cars would begin.
      11-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
This seems like a very late delivery if you are first in line. Production starts inate Feb/ March for dealer cars so would think that by end of March at latest customer cars would begin.
That seems late to me as well from what I heard from my dealer and I am #3
      11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

I'm #1 on my dealer's list, been on the list since November last year, and they said ordering for the F80 M3 starts in May. Are the M4s rolling out a month or 2 in advance?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Was hoping to do M4 ED late April for my BDay. Im #3 on my dealers list.. Wondering how likely this is?
      11-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower3330
I'm #1 on my dealer's list, been on the list since November last year, and they said ordering for the F80 M3 starts in May. Are the M4s rolling out a month or 2 in advance?
Based on multiple sources here and other forums it looks like the M4 will be the featured model at Launch so I can see why a slight delay might prove true for the M3 but can't imagine prod so late after M4 starts end of FEB. Considering that my dealer was only able to order the M4 as of deadline given last week (May have changed) it's clear to me that M4 will come first. How long after for M3 still a bit of mystery. Anyone else have any other educated predictions or heard differently?
      11-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID
Was hoping to do M4 ED late April for my BDay. Im #3 on my dealers list.. Wondering how likely this is?
I think this will be a strong possibility for you! I am also planning on late April ED and my sources that have proven 100% accurate with info thus far are also confident that this will happen. Let's stay in close touch with orders and ED Date. I will be working to plan an outing for at least one day on ED with other forum members doing Same for a nice write up. I'm thinking "20,000hp GROUP M4 ED DELIVERY BY BIMMERPOST MEMBERS!!"
      11-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Based on multiple sources here and other forums it looks like the M4 will be the featured model at Launch so I can see why a slight delay might prove true for the M3 but can't imagine prod so late after M4 starts end of FEB. Considering that my dealer was only able to order the M4 as of deadline given last week (May have changed) it's clear to me that M4 will come first. How long after for M3 still a bit of mystery. Anyone else have any other educated predictions or heard differently?
I don't see why M4 would be available at the dealer before the M3 or vice verse. As far as I'm concerned they'll both be released at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

I don't expect to see B&O being available for multiple reasons:
1) Not available on 4er.
2) Most demo cars come loaded. In the case of the E92 M3, they were fully loaded MR/BB cars. If B&O were available, it would have already been on that list.

Regardless, I'd do ED. I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation. Something you will never forget.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The BMW M3 and BMW M4 Coupe will arrive in the US early Summer.