F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Headlight washer hose jumped off
proTUNING Freaks

11-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Sleepwalker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 320d M-Sport

Headlight washer hose jumped off

Hello!

Some lessons learned:

Since I bought my car I never filled the washerfluid tank, just never needed it. The tank was empty when I got the car. Few days back I got tierd of the alarm that always goes of when I start and stop the car. So I went to the store to buy some windshieldwasherfluid. I filled up the tank, started the car, squirted this banana smelling fluid on the windshield(Didn't notice it had banana smell in it! NOT recommended!) Drove away from the store. On my way home, about 10-15min driveing, I got a warning that washerfluid was low. What the f**k?! When I got home I parked in my driveway, squirted again, went outside of the car to check for leaks.. I found a leak from the passenger underside of the frontbumper, more like a waterfall! I thought this had to be something with the hoses that go to the headlightwashers. I jacked up the car, removed the wheel and then unskrewed the big plastic cover. And there you have It, the hose had jumped off. fortunately, this was a quick and easy fix :-)

Anyone else that have had this probem?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30wiik View Post
Since I bought my car I never filled the washerfluid tank, just never needed it. The tank was empty when I got the car. Few days back I got tierd of the alarm that always goes of when I start and stop the car. So I went to the store to buy some windshieldwasherfluid. I filled up the tank, started the car, squirted this banana smelling fluid on the windshield(Didn't notice it had banana smell in it! NOT recommended!)
OMG, I thought this was another travelbro post when I read it!

No, F30wiik, I haven't had this problem, I keep all my fluids topped up.
      11-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
OMG, I thought this was another travelbro post when I read it!
Appreciate 0