F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW not helping customer II (2)
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

11-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
123rc123
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Luxury Line

BMW not helping customer II (2)

i'm back for my second post with pictures... i finally am back to show you them; i took these a while ago.

NOTE: if it was really for aerodynamics or pedestrian hoopla, why don't they just hide the wipers completely underneath the bonnet until you need to use them they pop up? I'm sure no wipers at all on the windshield would be the best for aerodynamics and safety?

I want to just keep taking my car in there and bothering and wasting their time until they fix it or until I'm legally not allowed on the property anymore.... Same thing goes for another location thats just down the road.

One guy right now I've been dealing with for the past while is being very helpful, but its not a guarantee since the dealership cannot make the decision to fix it; BMW Canada has to authorize it which they may take a year or longer to respond or they will just say no.When I am paying this much money I expected nothing better than BMW. I was really a huge fan of BMW until this happened and now I no longer have any grateful passion towards this brand if they sell their new vehicles like this; I don't see why anyone would. Probably because most of you have never had a problem. I need some advice and help; does anyone that works for BMW a member of BIMMERPOST? I would really like to customize my car and spend more money on performance parts, but before that I want this seat fixed! I want to keep buying a BMW (i currently have 2), and still stay a Bimmer fan boy..I am helping my friend buy a new 5 series GT; and i would like to go off and tell everyone how great this brand is and that everyone should buy one, but if they dont help me this will cease forever and i will tell everyone i know how terrible and unhelpful the service and warranty is.

I've noticed a few more things over the first week I owned the car that i forgot to mention on here;

- The windows squeal up and down like they are 10 years old
- The beautiful chrome exhaust has been permanently stained with carbon buildup from the engine, it's spraying all over the rear bumper and I am worried its going to cause damage to the paint as well. I am running 91 grade, and tried to clean the chrome tips as best i could when i noticed it after i bought it but it won't come off no matter what i do. ITS DAMAGED.
- The right passenger side speaker is vibrating like its blown or something(this is the most minor issue since i am unsure)
- The previous driver of a few months put a baby on board sign on the bare paint on the rear beside the license plate; THIS HAS STAINED IT PERMANENTLY ON THE PAINT.
I didn't notice any of these things in the showroom they displayed the car in and i checked the car over like 3 times for 20 minutes each before buying it; it was very dark.

The damage that i PERSONALLY did to the bonnet with the windshield wipers is MY FAULT, i dont care to talk about it anymore to say the least.. its the least im concerned about.

im concerned about what the F*** kind of car they would try to sell me here? You guys on bimmerpost then tell me its basically my fault even though the car is new and avoid helping me. The staff is being very sympathetic towards me because they knew i was working hard to buy a new BMW, but the warranty guy showed no emotion and basically walked me back out the door.
I've taken the car to many people in BMW, or other associated auto performance shops and they all cannot believe what kind of strange damage is on the seats, everyone i've talked to thinks it a warranty issue. So since i wasn't satisfied with the time i brought it in and the warranty manager basically walked me out the door, i've since told people of higher authority in BMW exactly what ive experienced and i've got BMW canada to write them a letter. I still dont know what to expect maybe they will be more helpful but i havent heard anything in a couple weeks.

These are the photos below: First I will point out two photos which creasing/wear/weathering i know for a fact is normal,
and then second the three photos that i know for a fact are warranty issues.

THIS IS NORMAL CREASING AND WEAR, note that the seat looks perfectly fine.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0557.jpg

THIS IS ALSO ANOTHER PICTURE OF NORMAL CREASING AND WEAR
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0554.jpg

AND NOW FOR THE PHOTOS THAT I KNOW ARE WARRANTY ISSUES>> LOOK AWAY YOU MAY GET SICK! (you can physically feel and see the strange ripples very clearly, it looks much worse in person, and you can easily see it by just peering into the cabin from the outside)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0550.jpg

AND THIS ONE

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0552.jpg

AND THE FINAL PICTURE
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0558.jpg

Its only on two seats; both on the right side on the passenger seat and rear seat

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

NOTE: I WILL PAY PAL SOMEONE $100 DOLLARS TO PROVIDE ME AN EXCELLENT SOLUTION TO GET IT FIXED

Last edited by ybbiz34; 11-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Language, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Your pictures don't show up. My internet says too many redirects.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
JS919
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
If I were you I'd just trade it on a Hyundai.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
+1
      11-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
citrixscu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 335i EB II

Repost.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
AweSam8
Super Spectacular Awesome Dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E70 X5M, 2014 F30 335i M

Too many redirects.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #7
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Yugo.
      11-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #8
Seraphblade@sg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Dun see anything wrong with them... Or u meant the white stuff in between the seams? Looks like dust to me=/

Oh wait, this is a resale???

Last edited by Seraphblade@sg; 11-02-2013 at 12:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
rayg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i

Uhhh...you made a 500 word post about THAT? Yeah, I'm gonna side with the seller on this one.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Wow, I thought your engine blew up or something. I had a drivetrain malfunction dude. Hope it makes you feel better.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123rc123 View Post
ok arseholes i'm back for my second post with pictures... i finally am back to show you them; i took these a while ago.

NOTE: if it was really for aerodynamics or pedestrian hoopla, why don't they just hide the wipers completely underneath the bonnet until you need to use them they pop up? I'm sure no wipers at all on the windshield would be the best for aerodynamics and safety?

I want to just keep taking my car in there and bothering and wasting their time until they fix it or until I'm legally not allowed on the property anymore.... Same thing goes for another location thats just down the road.

One guy right now I've been dealing with for the past while is being very helpful, but its not a guarantee since the dealership cannot make the decision to fix it; BMW Canada has to authorize it which they may take a year or longer to respond or they will just say no.When I am paying this much money I expected nothing better than BMW. I was really a huge fan of BMW until this happened and now I no longer have any grateful passion towards this brand if they sell their new vehicles like this; I don't see why anyone would. Probably because most of you have never had a problem. I need some advice and help; does anyone that works for BMW a member of BIMMERPOST? I would really like to customize my car and spend more money on performance parts, but before that I want this seat fixed! I want to keep buying a BMW (i currently have 2), and still stay a Bimmer fan boy..I am helping my friend buy a new 5 series GT; and i would like to go off and tell everyone how great this brand is and that everyone should buy one, but if they dont help me this will cease forever and i will tell everyone i know how terrible and unhelpful the service and warranty is.

I've noticed a few more things over the first week I owned the car that i forgot to mention on here;

- The windows squeal up and down like they are 10 years old
- The beautiful chrome exhaust has been permanently stained with carbon buildup from the engine, it's spraying all over the rear bumper and I am worried its going to cause damage to the paint as well. I am running 91 grade, and tried to clean the chrome tips as best i could when i noticed it after i bought it but it won't come off no matter what i do. ITS DAMAGED.
- The right passenger side speaker is vibrating like its blown or something(this is the most minor issue since i am unsure)
- The previous driver of a few months put a baby on board sign on the bare paint on the rear beside the license plate; THIS HAS STAINED IT PERMANENTLY ON THE PAINT.
I didn't notice any of these things in the showroom they displayed the car in and i checked the car over like 3 times for 20 minutes each before buying it; it was very dark.

The damage that i PERSONALLY did to the bonnet with the windshield wipers is MY FAULT, i dont care to talk about it anymore to say the least.. its the least im concerned about.

im concerned about what the F*** kind of car they would try to sell me here? and then tell me its basically my fault even though the car is new and avoid helping me. The staff is being very sympathetic towards me because they knew i was working hard to buy a new BMW, but the warranty guy showed no emotion and basically walked me back out the door.
I've taken the car to many people in BMW, or other associated auto performance shops and they all cannot believe what kind of strange damage is on the seats, everyone i've talked to thinks it a warranty issue. So since i wasn't satisfied with the time i brought it in and the warranty manager basically walked me out the door, i've since told people of higher authority in BMW exactly what ive experienced and i've got BMW canada to write them a letter. I still dont know what to expect maybe they will be more helpful but i havent heard anything in a couple weeks.

These are the photos below: First I will point out two photos which creasing/wear/weathering i know for a fact is normal,
and then second the three photos that i know for a fact are warranty issues.

THIS IS NORMAL CREASING AND WEAR, note that the seat looks perfectly fine.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0557.jpg

THIS IS ALSO ANOTHER PICTURE OF NORMAL CREASING AND WEAR
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0554.jpg

AND NOW FOR THE PHOTOS THAT I KNOW ARE WARRANTY ISSUES>> LOOK AWAY YOU MAY GET SICK! (you can physically feel and see the strange ripples very clearly, it looks much worse in person, and you can easily see it by just peering into the cabin from the outside)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0550.jpg

AND THIS ONE

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0552.jpg

AND THE FINAL PICTURE
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...W/IMG_0558.jpg

Its only on two seats; both on the right side on the passenger seat and rear seat

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

NOTE: I WILL PAY PAL SOMEONE $100 DOLLARS TO PROVIDE ME AN EXCELLENT SOLUTION TO GET IT FIXED

two thoughts.

1) your car is fine.

2) if it's as bad as you insist how did you not notice these drastic issues when you decided to take delivery of a used car in "as is" condition when sold?

You're a drama queen....
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #12
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

I don't know guys. Those seats look pretty bad to me.

Cut him some slack.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
DWCP
Rep
Drives: 320i Luxury Line

In an ideal world, those creases on the leather should not have passed quality control (QC) of any car company. It's the lack of internal QC on the part of the leather supplier, and BMW themselves seem not to be auditing thoroughly as they should. However, leather is a natural product and it will come with imperfections, therefore how you obtain your warranty claim does depend on how you treat the person attending to you. I'm happy I'm not that person, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #14
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

I have similar creases, close to the seams on curved sections (picture 2) on my M Sport alcantara front seats. Mine came straight from the factory and I noticed this just a few days after delivery, took it in showed it and they said they would replace the whole seats. Covered by the 2 year warranty. This was one year ago and I havent taken it in for the fix yet, but I will soon.

I don't know bout the stretch marks that are in the middle of the fabric but at least the creased leather by the seams is a factory fault.

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

You really seem like a level-headed reasonable guy. I just don't understand why they're not helping you. I would demand a brand new replacement. BMW sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #16
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
I don't know guys. Those seats look pretty bad to me.

Cut him some slack.
Even if it does look bad, it's the way he goes about it. Read the first two words of his post. Why would we want to assist someone like that?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
baw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 428i M Sport

Quote:
ok fucko what youre not understanding is that the leather damage was there when the car was brought to the dealership from Germany, It's probably why the previous owner gave it back after a few thousand K.

There are also a number of other things i listed as well that you dont seem to be able to read.

Used car my ass you fucking dick, I also have a 2007 BMW 3 series and there is nothing wrong with it except for wear and tear. And also the vanos system which they installed for free because there was a system malfunction

Ask BMWNA for a new car!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

I think you're too picky about some of the stuff you describe. The pics won't open. Some of it you gave a point.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

One lesson I learned shortly after delivery is that BMW leathers are subpar unless you go up to the 6 series and X5 then it only becomes decent. If you want good leather quality, look nowhere but Audi. It is night and day difference. Fit and finish on a BMW cannot be compared to an Audi either. Especially true on a F30 where they have taken extreme measure to cut cost more than anything else.

How do I overcome these terrible quality control? I tell myself to just be very grateful that you do not have an engine problem. *knock on wood*

Could you describe to us a bit more on how you got this vehicle? Is it a demonstrator car, certified pre-owned or what?

What I don't understand is one thing. Did you not get an opportunity to inspect the car before delivery

One suggestion to the PM. The readers don't understand your full story, so we have to assume here and there. Perhaps you should re-read your original post and you might understand why some people assumed wrongly of you. Just my suggestion

Conclusion: Always and only lease a BMW. So you don't have to suffer from their bullshit and move on with either another BMW or another brand.

dL
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #20
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

So you're blaming the dealer for blemishes?

My 850 had some bumper sticker on it. There's still a yellow stain on a white car. It's a used car. I knew before getting it.

You've seen the car for an hour TOTAL before buying it? You haven't looked at it in the sun, etc? No test drives?

I haven't had a single car without carbon buildup on the exhausts. I don't know how you're cleaning it up, try getting some Meguiar's or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
People like you and who ever else says this is fine is obviously stupid. I work very hard to pay for a nice car for myself, more likey harder than any of you people. I don't deserve to have some car sold to me in this condition. This is not what I thought BMW was. I hope your new 4 series gets delivered to you in as f****ed up condition as mine is, and see how happy you are, douche

YOU are comical....

....and extremely crass and immature.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL. View Post
One lesson I learned shortly after delivery is that BMW leathers are subpar unless you go up to the 6 series and X5 then it only becomes decent. If you want good leather quality, look nowhere but Audi. It is night and day difference. Fit and finish on a BMW cannot be compared to an Audi either. Especially true on a F30 where they have taken extreme measure to cut cost more than anything else.

How do I overcome these terrible quality control? I tell myself to just be very grateful that you do not have an engine problem. *knock on wood*

Could you describe to us a bit more on how you got this vehicle? Is it a demonstrator car, certified pre-owned or what?

What I don't understand is one thing. Did you not get an opportunity to inspect the car before delivery

One suggestion to the PM. The readers don't understand your full story, so we have to assume here and there. Perhaps you should re-read your original post and you might understand why some people assumed wrongly of you. Just my suggestion

Conclusion: Always and only lease a BMW. So you don't have to suffer from their bullshit and move on with either another BMW or another brand.

dL

Ehhhh, that's a major stretch. I've NEVER been impressed with an Audi interior.

P.S. Ummm, X5 leather is really no better than an F30 in terms of texture/feel (..I've owned a recent model X5). An M3 has muchhhhhh better leather. Nappa or Merino is where it's at.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread