F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > My 335iX GT....CAN'T WAIT TO GRAB HER
ARMA SPEED

10-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
My 335iX GT....CAN'T WAIT TO GRAB HER

So stopped by the BMW Dealership to drop off my winter tires that I just bought. I was told that me car had arrived and I could possibly pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait, so walked around the lot to find my baby, found her and snapped some photos

Please excuse the photos, taken with my phone and very foggy today in Germany. Will update photos once everything is done!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Congrats! What part of Germany?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30 View Post
Congrats! What part of Germany?
I'm in Wiesbaden.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
ken m sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d F36 Gran Coupe

Looking forward to seeing some pics of this next week once you have picked it up.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Picked her up tonight at the dealer, just waiting on the TPMS to come in and have the winter tires put on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Best looking GT I've seen so far. Would be good to see more pics when you have a chance!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

Would definitely like to see more pics of your car. Looks like windows are tinted?
16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, yes windows are tinted. Had the dealership tint the windows before I picked her up. Well this is day two and I am sooooo happy I got the Active Cruise Control, this technology is amazing. I literally only had to steer the car, it gave gas and hit the brakes on its own. Amazing.

There is some what of a bad news, kinda...... I have to get this checked out, today when I put the car in reverse the PDC Sensor gave a constant beep in the car and the visual on the screen was showing up as if there is something on the front right side of the car. The constant beep would not stop until I put in drive and actually started to drive forward. Hoping this is nothing, from I've read on other forums is that this was a faulty sensor. I certainly hope not since it is only TWO DAYS OLD:-/

I will put up some more pics when I can, it was raining all day here.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
This is what I am talking about. The front right of the vehicle sensor is lit and produces a constant beeping sound.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr
This is what I am talking about. The front right of the vehicle sensor is lit and produces a constant beeping sound.
I think I might of found out why my front right sensor is going off. The damn European long plates, I will try to fix it tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
Thackers
Yorkshire Sniper
England
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr View Post
So stopped by the BMW Dealership to drop off my winter tires that I just bought. I was told that me car had arrived and I could possibly pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait, so walked around the lot to find my baby, found her and snapped some photos

Please excuse the photos, taken with my phone and very foggy today in Germany. Will update photos once everything is done!
Awesome......white is the best colour by far.,even better than Estoril Blue!!

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

This is why from long experience with BMW I opted out of every technological gizmo possible. Hope it's just the plate.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2015, Audi Q7 2017

First of all, great looking car Joyrdr. Congrats! I love the M sport in white.

As I understand you live in Germany and will have the privilege to regularly run this beautiful I6 on the Autobahn, which I still have fond memories of.

Now talking about bad news: our GT has the exact same problem with one of the sensors in the back! Took it to the dealer today, and they are doing some 'reprogramming'... A little disappointing on a new car, but I hope it will be fixed quickly.

On a side note, I drove a 2013 528xi loaner back home today (had premium + cold weather package as only options I believe). A great car with adequate power. But this 'basic' 5 series still felt pale in comparison to our loaded GT. No real regrets here.

So I wouldn't want to live without some of the tech stuff, but it would be nice if it was working.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germancarnut
First of all, great looking car Joyrdr. Congrats! I love the M sport in white.

As I understand you live in Germany and will have the privilege to regularly run this beautiful I6 on the Autobahn, which I still have fond memories of.

Now talking about bad news: our GT has the exact same problem with one of the sensors in the back! Took it to the dealer today, and they are doing some 'reprogramming'... A little disappointing on a new car, but I hope it will be fixed quickly.

On a side note, I drove a 2013 528xi loaner back home today (had premium + cold weather package as only options I believe). A great car with adequate power. But this 'basic' 5 series still felt pale in comparison to our loaded GT. No real regrets here.

So I wouldn't want to live without some of the tech stuff, but it would be nice if it was working.
Germancarnut, thanks. I think it was just the plate, I adjusted the plate and seems to be fixed. Man I love this Active Cruise Control. Awesome on the autobahn and when there is a stau (traffic jams), pretty much drives herself, I just have to steer. Have not pushed her yet, waiting to complete the break in period of 1000km.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Some more picks

So here are some more picks of the car for those that are interested. They are at different angles for different point of views. BEFORE anyone says anything....I know the car is not 100% clean! been raining here in Germany daily lately.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

looks clean man, any plans to mod it?
I've yet to see a modded 3GT
      11-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00
looks clean man, any plans to mod it?
I've yet to see a modded 3GT
Thanks, well for now, not much available for the GT. I have planned once available, black grill, carbon fiber mirror cap. That's about it for now. Just a couple of cosmetic stuff.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Germancarnut, thanks. I think it was just the plate, I adjusted the plate and seems to be fixed. Man I love this Active Cruise Control. Awesome on the autobahn and when there is a stau (traffic jams), pretty much drives herself, I just have to steer. Have not pushed her yet, waiting to complete the break in period of 1000km.
I'm glad that this worked out for you. We still have the issue. Since it is intermittent I drove off hoping that it was fixed, but the software reset didn't do anything. It's a real pain in the behind now and I'm afraid it may take some hassle to get BMW to do something about it. We'll see. I will probably insist that they replace the sensor when I return it.

Have fun with your gorgeous GT!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germancarnut
Quote:
I'm glad that this worked out for you. We still have the issue. Since it is intermittent I drove off hoping that it was fixed, but the software reset didn't do anything. It's a real pain in the behind now and I'm afraid it may take some hassle to get BMW to do something about it. We'll see. I will probably insist that they replace the sensor when I return it.

Have fun with your gorgeous GT!
Man I am so sorry about that brother. That really sucks to have that headache, I REALLY hope BMW does the right thing and ensure this is fix. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, been ok so for.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Man I am so sorry about that brother. That really sucks to have that headache, I REALLY hope BMW does the right thing and ensure this is fix. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, been ok so for.
Thanks Joyrdr. Clearly there are worse things, but it is an annoyance.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
tomusxs
Poland
Rep
Drives: F34 328iX M

Garage List
I would never say that white F34 look so great!

Congrats...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #22
Joyrdr
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomusxs
I would never say that white F34 look so great!

Congrats...
Thanks
Appreciate 0