E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tracking and camber problems? Help!!!

10-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4

Tracking and camber problems? Help!!!

Hi Everyone,

I recently done my tracking on my 335 using the hunter wheel alignment.
Everything was able to be adjusted apart from the front nearside/passanger side.
The camber is out by -1.21'

Does anyone know what arm i would need to change to get this adjustment???

The car is lowered so i have read that i may need an extended aftermarket arm?
which one?

Many thanks in advance guys
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Adjustable arms are just for the rear.

Front camber is not normally adjustable on our cars but you can remove the camber alignment pins and adjust the camber by sliding the strut tops. There's a good DIY on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521177

However, that method is normally used to increase camber rather than reduce it. If you can remove your strut brace from the strut top, I can tell you if you can adjust this out or not. I'm guessing you have too much negative camber and that's the problem.

Otherwise the only other option is adjustable top mounts but I think that would be too much work and cost. I have them on mine but I'm on coilovers.

Maybe it is worth going for m3 alignment, I think they run a little more negative camber then our non-m's.

Edit: Maybe you have m3 toe arms already on your car with that much camber?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan
Adjustable arms are just for the rear.

Front camber is not normally adjustable on our cars but you can remove the camber alignment pins and adjust the camber by sliding the strut tops. There's a good DIY on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521177

However, that method is normally used to increase camber rather than reduce it. If you can remove your strut brace from the strut top, I can tell you if you can adjust this out or not. I'm guessing you have too much negative camber and that's the problem.

Otherwise the only other option is adjustable top mounts but I think that would be too much work and cost. I have them on mine but I'm on coilovers.

Maybe it is worth going for m3 alignment, I think they run a little more negative camber then our non-m's.

Edit: Maybe you have m3 toe arms already on your car with that much camber?
Hi, thanks for advice. I'm not to sure but I think it still has the stock toe arms. Unless the previous owner changed them. I am just wondering do you think the toe arm on passenger side is faulty? Because the drivers side is spot on!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

I thought I mentioned that but I must've forgot!

As you say, could be a bent arm or maybe even a really bad bush causing the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
blues n twos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT coupe

When I had mine done by Atomic wheels in milton keynes they used the hunter machine and had to drill out the pin on the front nearside to get the adjustment right.

It was a fiddly job and they spent an hour before they got it all spot on.

Jon
      10-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan
I thought I mentioned that but I must've forgot!

As you say, could be a bent arm or maybe even a really bad bush causing the issue.
Nice one, gonna. Have a look at the arm and bush to see what's going on. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues n twos
When I had mine done by Atomic wheels in milton keynes they used the hunter machine and had to drill out the pin on the front nearside to get the adjustment right.

It was a fiddly job and they spent an hour before they got it all spot on.

Jon
I will go back to the garage and ask them the questions of weather they tried a drill out an see what they say, cheers for that. Now ill sound like I know what I'm talking about lol
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Camber problems...cont...

Had the car in the garage today to check the arms on the wheel which is out of alignment and they have said the arms are pretty lose, cause the ball joint to be a bit lose also.
They have said two new arms on that side should sort it. They have said they can't guarantee that it will cure it the camber problem! Hoping this should do it, any views on this anyone? And how much this usually costs? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0