BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Black or white?

Placing an order for a 14 50i M sport line tomorrow afternoon and iam torn between these color combos

Black Sapphire on Mocha
Mineral white on Mocha

or

Do I go Black Sapphire on Ivory (we have 2 kids, we all wear jeans)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

We were debating the exact same, except Terra interior. Can you get Mocha with M Sport in Canada? Here I don't think you can, at least not according to the bmwusa.com build your own..

We decided on the Mineral White, mainly because we had an E70 that was BSM/Black and because my F30 is BSM.

As far as pros and cons.. I like how the white shows the lines of the car better. The black hides them a bit, makes the F15 look more like the E70, a little less distinguishable, I think. Now that could be a good thing or bad.. but I like how the white shows some of the new character better than black does. That and I like the white/black contrast between the paint and the grills, roof rails, etc that obviously black doesn't offer, just a different look. I also like the metallic in the white, don't think we would have done Alpine White if mineral wasn't available.

That said, I would say if we hadn't already had a black one before, we probably would have gone black.

Of course, we've changed our minds several times since we "decided," so technically our decision isn't final until it's too late to change the order

Last edited by chrisny; 10-24-2013 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
We were debating the exact same, except Terra interior. Can you get Mocha with M Sport in Canada? Here I don't think you can, at least not according to the bmwusa.com build your own..

We decided on the Mineral White, mainly because we had an E70 that was BSM/Black and because my F30 is BSM.

As far as pros and cons.. I like how the white shows the lines of the car better. The black hides them a bit, makes the F15 look more like the E70, a little less distinguishable, I think. Now that could be a good thing or bad.. but I like how the white shows some of the new character better than black does. That and I like the white/black contrast between the paint and the grills, roof rails, etc that obviously black doesn't offer, just a different look. I also like the metallic in the white, don't think we would have done Alpine White if mineral wasn't available.

That said, I would say if we hadn't already had a black one before, we probably would have gone black.

Of course, we've changed our minds several times since we "decided," so technically our decision isn't final until it's too late to change the order
BMW configurator for US allows mocha dakota and mocha nappa to be chosen with Msport.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten
Quote:

BMW configurator for US allows mocha dakota and mocha nappa to be chosen with Msport.
Looks like you're right. When last I tried, it kept switching me out of m sport. But I decided on terra a week or two ago, so hadn't tried in a while. Must've been another glitch.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Looks like you're right. When last I tried, it kept switching me out of m sport. But I decided on terra a week or two ago, so hadn't tried in a while. Must've been another glitch.
Lots of glitches. ARgh.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLemon View Post
Placing an order for a 14 50i M sport line tomorrow afternoon and iam torn between these color combos

Black Sapphire on Mocha
Mineral white on Mocha

or

Do I go Black Sapphire on Ivory (we have 2 kids, we all wear jeans)
Black Sapphire and Ivory/Black Dakota and get the children to wear clean cloths.
My wife had a Ivory/Black Dakota combo and it looked classy. She had a 3 Series Coupe with the Deep Sea Blue paint. Nice!

I'm ordering Black Sapphire with Ivory/Black Dakota and the black 20"wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #7
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Black Sapphire and Ivory/Black Dakota and get the children to wear clean cloths.
My wife had a Ivory/Black Dakota combo and it looked classy. She had a 3 Series Coupe with the Deep Sea Blue paint. Nice!

I'm ordering Black Sapphire with Ivory/Black Dakota and the black 20"wheels.
+1

Have the same on my f11 and will be ordering the same on the x5.

Did consider mineral white, on ivory/black, but a few pics have put me off. Doesn't look good with sun protection glass, side on.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: W166 ML63 PP

Mineral white with mocha ftw!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Ivory/Black is better than Beige considering two young kids? I have two and very concerned. I have opted Beige hoping a better alternative to Ivory. But the advantage of Ivory is black carpet.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5
Ivory/Black is better than Beige considering two young kids? I have two and very concerned. I have opted Beige hoping a better alternative to Ivory. But the advantage of Ivory is black carpet.
Terra gets you the black carpets too, and with a darker than beige and ivory, but still not dark, brown leather. Nice medium brown. Not orange or yellow-ish like saddle brown or some other medium brown colors.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #11
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Done......Wife's happy to have a new car

Was planning to order but being this is on its way I settled for this....better then I was going to order to grabbed it so I didn't have to wait

Mineral White
Mocha Extended Nappa (they now have a hold on Mocha Production)
M-sport, 20 inch wheels
Connect drive services
3rd row seating
Premium Pack
Technology Pack
Ventilated seats
Fineline oak wood trim
Bang and Olfsen

I worked a pretty good deal as I did a single pay lease

Should have it mid November

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0