E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How to unmarry an OFT??

10-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
lol slow
2BRK4M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Autotragic

How to unmarry an OFT??

sold my OFT, I uninstalled everything and thought that was pretty much it.

Then the buyer says the OFT cannot read his DME? So i got it back, plugged it into the car and nothing specific happens, i cannot find any kind of clear or uninstall like the Cobb unit has.

I connected the OFT to my computer, opened up the OpenFlash Manager and when i hit the download tab there are NO roms present, not an original nor any modified roms.

So now I'm confused because it would seem as if the OFT is uninstalled since nothing comes up??

There is a tab that says Erase data, but i don't want to hit that in case it messes anything up, anyone have any ideas for me or a step by step guide?
      10-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
To uninstall/in marry the OFT, all you need to do is flash back your original al rom and then go to "erase data". You will need to be connected to wifi for this step. Once erased, it can be installed in another car. If the erase data menu isn't selectable after flashing your stock rom back in, let us know (sales@vishnutuning.com) and we can sort it out remotely.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
lol slow
2BRK4M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
To uninstall/in marry the OFT, all you need to do is flash back your original al rom and then go to "erase data". You will need to be connected to wifi for this step. Once erased, it can be installed in another car. If the erase data menu isn't selectable after flashing your stock rom back in, let us know (sales@vishnutuning.com) and we can sort it out remotely.
Shiv, can the erasing step be done buy the new buyer? He didn't NEED to send it back to me to wipe it, correct?
      10-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

It was always my understanding that the erase data function could be done on any computer regardless of who flashed their car last with it or not. Did you perform this erase data function before sending the unit to the buyer in the first place?

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
lol slow
2BRK4M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
It was always my understanding that the erase data function could be done on any computer regardless of who flashed their car last with it or not. Did you perform this erase data function before sending the unit to the buyer in the first place?
I did not as i did not know you had to do it, my Cobb unit was not like that. i just feel like there was a lot of headache and money flushed away.
      10-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Just flash your stock rom and erase data then plug into car and make sure it takes you through the prompts it did when you first bought it and plugged it in for the first time.. Thats what i did when i sold my tablet and the buyer had no issues
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by #teambimmer
Just flash your stock rom and erase data then plug into car and make sure it takes you through the prompts it did when you first bought it and plugged it in for the first time.. Thats what i did when i sold my tablet and the buyer had no issues
lol slow, if you do this, and your seller still has the same issue, it is possibly related to his computer. I had a similar issue, but I'll keep following this thread to see if this solves his problem.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0