10-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Any GTA owners have upgraded aftermarket exhaust

Hi to all,

Just wondering who has actually done it and if so, what do you have ?

I am in the process of getting it but I will need to hear it in person before making up my mind. I know exhaust sound is very subjective to everyone's preference & taste, I am looking for an aftermarket one that does not drone at all but give a low deep exhaust note.

Therefore, for those who have done it, I am asking if I could set up a meet in the GTA at your convenience so I and/or others who may also be interested can experience it in person.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
GoodandEvil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 MCB

I will get the M performance exhaust, but the car will not arrive until late January so it may not help. But after my own research on exhausts, I still fell that Akr fits the character of m5 better than other brands. Nonetheless I'm not really a big fan of loud exhaust sound, personally I prefer something deep and powerful rather than just loud.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I am thinking Eisenmann Sports right now but the general consensus from the Main board is Race may be the better choice. That's why I am asking the question.

btw, thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
I am thinking Eisenmann Sports right now but the general consensus from the Main board is Race may be the better choice. That's why I am asking the question.

agree on Eisenmann seems to be the most popular according to forum.
But I'm not sure where to get it done for us Canadian.
      10-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

This one was done with Eisenmann Race @ Bimmersports in Brampton this summer.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I got quotes from US & Europe online vendors and the best price is from Europe ... after factoring in the taxes/duties/shipping and installation, I am looking at about $4800-$4900 Cdn (all incl.) ... this is for E race 4x102mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orich View Post
agree on Eisenmann seems to be the most popular according to forum.
But I'm not sure where to get it done for us Canadian.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

That sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
This one was done with Eisenmann Race @ Bimmersports in Brampton this summer.

11-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:

Hey Steve, maybe The Eisenmann sport is the route for you, because you mentioned no drone is allowed in your cabin. As you known, most after market exhausts drone, even BMW performance series.
Eisenmann sport version does drone too, but I think it is pretty similar with BMW performance exhaust does. ( Charlie@bimmersport told me like this which is based on his experience).
I had BMW performance exhausts on my past 335 and x6, I think they do add some deep bass to the exhaust notes. Personally, I like it and can live with that kind of level of drones, but my significant other said it was so annoying. I just can took it off and switched back to stock set up.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I agree with your comment. E Sport would be the 'safe' bet to go and E Race would be a bit risker, esp. it's not cheap after all, I was quoted, everything in, would be $5000 Cdn done.

I got the winter months to think about and if any other M5 owners in the GTA can give me a live demo on theirs, then I will make my decision based on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Hey Steve, maybe The Eisenmann sport is the route for you, because you mentioned no drone is allowed in your cabin. As you known, most after market exhausts drone, even BMW performance series.
Eisenmann sport version does drone too, but I think it is pretty similar with BMW performance exhaust does. ( Charlie@bimmersport told me like this which is based on his experience).
I had BMW performance exhausts on my past 335 and x6, I think they do add some deep bass to the exhaust notes. Personally, I like it and can live with that kind of level of drones, but my significant other said it was so annoying. I just can took it off and switched back to stock set up.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

would love to get an exhaust installed on my m5 as well… the car is way too quiet… let me know what you decide to get bobble head…

i am thinking of getting remus. just cos i am not sure i can justify spending so much on eisenmann.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

sure.

Are you considering Active Autowerke as well ? I believe it's around $3.5K for their axle back system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
would love to get an exhaust installed on my m5 as well… the car is way too quiet… let me know what you decide to get bobble head…

i am thinking of getting remus. just cos i am not sure i can justify spending so much on eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I agree with your comment. E Sport would be the 'safe' bet to go and E Race would be a bit risker, esp. it's not cheap after all, I was quoted, everything in, would be $5000 Cdn done.

I got the winter months to think about and if any other M5 owners in the GTA can give me a live demo on theirs, then I will make my decision based on it.
Yes hear it in person is the best way to judge the sound.
I remember I have seen one black m5 two times several weeks ago. One time is on Bloor st., the other time is around Younge & Finch area.
It has super loud exhaust note (Not sure it is E-race or sport), and it has a Vorsteiner rear diffuser on it, looks super nice.
Is he also a member here.
BTW, Steve, have you ever tried to contact with Pfaff tuning? When I was looking for some exhaust for my 650gc, I contact them and they gave me the price like $4400 included everything.
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Pfaff tuning, I got a quote a couple of years back for some wheels and they were very pricey. I probably will ask for a quote over the winter months to see where they stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Yes hear it in person is the best way to judge the sound.
I remember I have seen one black m5 two times several weeks ago. One time is on Bloor st., the other time is around Younge & Finch area.
It has super loud exhaust note (Not sure it is E-race or sport), and it has a Vorsteiner rear diffuser on it, looks super nice.
Is he also a member here.
BTW, Steve, have you ever tried to contact with Pfaff tuning? When I was looking for some exhaust for my 650gc, I contact them and they gave me the price like $4400 included everything.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Pfaff tuning, I got a quote a couple of years back for some wheels and they were very pricey. I probably will ask for a quote over the winter months to see where they stand.
Yep, I do hear they are pricey, but I got quotes two times from them and they all gave the reasonable prices. However, Budds bmw always gave me a ridiculous prices.
When I was driving my x6, I asked Eisenmann exhaust from them, $5500 (labour excluded) is the price they gave me.
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #15
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Steve, are you looking to get the complete system including the mid pipes or just the axel back section? A few times I was about to pull the trigger on the e-sport but then I never had experience with a shop cutting an oem muffler for me before, so I am a little holdback on that point. I also trying to find a reliable shop during the winter season so I can know better what I want to do with the exhaust next spring.

One thing though, I live in a very quiet neighbourhood where the majority of residents are elders in their retirement age or older. Sometimes I think they give me the look saying that my car is already making enough noise going in and out. I am concerned that if I make it louder, will I be receiving complaints too often.
      11-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #16
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

No mid pipe for now. Just ordered the E sport 4*102mm axle back ($4500 taxes & installation included) last week and scheduled for 3rd week in December for the install.

I also do not want loud + drone exhaust, like you. As I have waited just over 1 year to get all the feedback from various brands and bloggers here and now I have decided to go ahead with the E sport. Like Jeff (wzj519) said, I cannot go wrong with Eisenmann.

I will probably take a bunch of pics during the installation process and post here for anyone who may interested in seeing from start to complete (if the shop owner has no issue of me taking pics), along with my initial comment on how the Esport sounds.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Steve, are you looking to get the complete system including the mid pipes or just the axel back section? A few times I was about to pull the trigger on the e-sport but then I never had experience with a shop cutting an oem muffler for me before, so I am a little holdback on that point. I also trying to find a reliable shop during the winter season so I can know better what I want to do with the exhaust next spring.

One thing though, I live in a very quiet neighbourhood where the majority of residents are elders in their retirement age or older. Sometimes I think they give me the look saying that my car is already making enough noise going in and out. I am concerned that if I make it louder, will I be receiving complaints too often.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
No mid pipe for now. Just ordered the E sport 4*102mm axle back ($4500 taxes & installation included) last week and scheduled for 3rd week in December for the install.

I also do not want loud + drone exhaust, like you. As I have waited just over 1 year to get all the feedback from various brands and bloggers here and now I have decided to go ahead with the E sport. Like Jeff (wzj519) said, I cannot go wrong with Eisenmann.

I will probably take a bunch of pics during the installation process and post here for anyone who may interested in seeing from start to complete (if the shop owner has no issue of me taking pics), along with my initial comment on how the Esport sounds.

Steve
Steve, let me know when you get this installed - super interested in getting a ride etc. BTW I need somewhere to get my short shifter installed - any ideas?

Joe
      12-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hey Joe,

My shop said the exhaust should be here in GTA sometimes late this week but the timing of the install is not confirmed yet. I have it tentatively booked for Dec 27 but he may ask me to change it to Dec 30.

will let you know.

For the short shifter, I think bimmersports (Brampton) or RMP (Etobicoke) should be able to do the job for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Steve, let me know when you get this installed - super interested in getting a ride etc. BTW I need somewhere to get my short shifter installed - any ideas?

Joe
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Corsa exhaust claims zero drone. There is a couple of youtube videos & it's cheaper. It's always better if you can actually hear it in person that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I was hoping to hear any aftermarket ones at all but nobody seemed to have.

Anyway, I got the E-sport (to be on the safe side) and having it installed on Jan 3 as the shop I dealt with closed from x'mas to new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris83 View Post
Corsa exhaust claims zero drone. There is a couple of youtube videos & it's cheaper. It's always better if you can actually hear it in person that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
I was hoping to hear any aftermarket ones at all but nobody seemed to have.

Anyway, I got the E-sport (to be on the safe side) and having it installed on Jan 3 as the shop I dealt with closed from x'mas to new year.

Good luck with the install. Merry Christmas & happy new year!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 SG M6

M5

I have the corsa and it does have zero drone....=)

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924377

it can't compete with E-race sounds wise but look wise it pretty on par IMO and I love it.
Appreciate 0