E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Voice Control Problem!

10-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
NPinUK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Voice Control Problem!

I have the Nav Pro which includes the voice activation control. When I press the voice activation button on the steering wheel or the one near the i-drive knob and say "telephone" it will sucessfully go onto the telephone menu but the voice activation will activate again, by itself with out me pressing anay buttons. If at the second activation I say another command it will go to that command and then activate again like a long cycle until its disabled by pressing the button. Any 1 have a similar problem because not heard of this problem before.
      10-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
japac1
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPinUK View Post
I have the Nav Pro which includes the voice activation control. When I press the voice activation button on the steering wheel or the one near the i-drive knob and say "telephone" it will sucessfully go onto the telephone menu but the voice activation will activate again, by itself with out me pressing anay buttons. If at the second activation I say another command it will go to that command and then activate again like a long cycle until its disabled by pressing the button. Any 1 have a similar problem because not heard of this problem before.
Nope. Never had this happen. Are you ready for a progman update??
      10-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
I think that's what it's supposed to do. It's waiting for you to say "call so and so." It will stop when it gets to the end of the chain.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
rebirth24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
This happens to me whenever I say Audio Aux (for my ipod) and I believe I have the latest progman. Not sure why this occurs.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
GameGod
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

I've seen this happen and the easiest way to stop it from going further is to say "Cancel".
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
glamprecht
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330iE90, F15X5, F25X3, F15X5

It is supposed to do that so you don't have to press the button every time you want to select a sub-menu.

You can say 'cancel' at any time, or follow the menus to the end. You can ask 'options' at any stage to hear what the local options are.
      10-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPinUK View Post
Not actually tried using 'telephone', but I suppose it depends what you actually want to do within that menu- call someone, list calls, etc.

Do you get the same problem with other menus?

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0