F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bad news, Good news!
GetBMWParts

10-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Bad news, Good news!

I picked up my car on August 12 in Munich and dropped it off in Zurich on August 21.

Bad news: My CA had been tracking my car and he could not find it in the system since it had not been loaded on the ship as yet. The next ship to Port Hueneme is the Tortugas which was scheduled to leave Germany yesterday but has been delayed a couple of days. As others have posted, ED is great except for the waiting part.

Good news: My CA texted me this morning and told me my car is at the port in California ready to get processed and shipped to the dealer! Apparently, it did not show in the system my CA was tracking so all this time I thought it was sitting on the dock in Germany when it was, in fact, on its way to California.

I was expecting another 24 days and the car is already here. What a pleasant surprise.

I don't know why I'm so excited, it's just a car........right.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I picked up my car on August 12 in Munich and dropped it off in Zurich on August 21.

Bad news: My CA had been tracking my car and he could not find it in the system since it had not been loaded on the ship as yet. The next ship to Port Hueneme is the Tortugas which was scheduled to leave Germany yesterday but has been delayed a couple of days. As others have posted, ED is great except for the waiting part.

Good news: My CA texted me this morning and told me my car is at the port in California ready to get processed and shipped to the dealer! Apparently, it did not show in the system my CA was tracking so all this time I thought it was sitting on the dock in Germany when it was, in fact, on its way to California.

I was expecting another 24 days and the car is already here. What a pleasant surprise.

Great story actually... And NO it's not just a car, it's a lifestyle!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

It's always awesome when you get your things early congrats
      10-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
joonix214
Indentured Servant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Silver 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle

Sure, it's just a car, but it's a car that gave you stories to tell your friends about your experiences. It's a car that will be with you through the good times and the bad. It's a car that will take you places and a car that will give you a place to laugh out loud, vent, sing, dance, grin, and so much more. It's a car that you will share the next X amount of years with. Enjoy it ...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonix214 View Post
Sure, it's just a car, but it's a car that gave you stories to tell your friends about your experiences. It's a car that will be with you through the good times and the bad. It's a car that will take you places and a car that will give you a place to laugh out loud, vent, sing, dance, grin, and so much more. It's a car that you will share the next X amount of years with. Enjoy it ...
Thanks all for the nice comments. This is my 4th BMW and I am just as excited about getting it as I was with my first back in 1988 (528e, MT, 125HP LOL)

A year ago, we were in a crash with my 2003 540 M-Tech. It was totaled but my wife and I were very lucky. It's been 13 months now and this new 328i is replacing my beloved E39 which I always thought was the best sedan ever, probably a bias POV since I owned it ;-)

Now its a new reality: 4 cylinders, turbo, great gas mileage, as fast or faster than the 540i, shuts off at stoplights, multiple personalities (Prius, Camry, Rocket) depending on what button you push, a real sound system (compared to what BMW used to call premium, which was really awful), NAV, HUD, DHP, and on and on.... All for 10 grand or so less than what I paid new for my first E39 540 back in 1996 (1997 model year.) We can bitch all we want about how BMW has forgotten the enthusiasts, but after driving 519 miles in Europe and reading extensively about the F30, my view is that BMW has really nailed it. If others feel differently, that's okay by me.

This F30 will never replace my old BMWs. They always have a special place in my heart. But, this new car is the future and I plan to embrace this new technological marvel wholeheartedly.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Now its a new reality: 4 cylinders, turbo, great gas mileage, as fast or faster than the 540i, shuts off at stoplights, multiple personalities (Prius, Camry, Rocket) depending on what button you push, a real sound system (compared to what BMW used to call premium, which was really awful), NAV, HUD, DHP, and on and on.... All for 10 grand or so less than what I paid new for my first E39 540 back in 1996 (1997 model year.) We can bitch all we want about how BMW has forgotten the enthusiasts, but after driving 519 miles in Europe and reading extensively about the F30, my view is that BMW has really nailed it. If others feel differently, that's okay by me.

This F30 will never replace my old BMWs. They always have a special place in my heart. But, this new car is the future and I plan to embrace this new technological marvel wholeheartedly.

Well said mr friend!

Couldn't agree with you more, other than the ASS.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Meeeotch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Yes!!! Congrats! My car is there also!

E92 335i M-Sport Apline White / Coral Red / manual
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeeotch View Post
Yes!!! Congrats! My car is there also!

Congrats back at you. Bold choice for color combination. I am way too conservative, but my hats off to people that go for it, and nothing says go for it like Estoril Blue and Coral. Good for you!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
Bernard335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M Sport M Performance

I have a similar story, all the right hand drive 3 series models are made here in South Africa, well I went to dealership on a Tuesday in July, was told next vehicle assigned to them would be there in September, cool, so placed the order, the next day sales lady phones good news they found a car to my spec and it will be at the dealership that afternoon, this caught me by surprise sorted out my paperwork and by Saturday I had my car, 4 day turnaround time not too bad!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
rconti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 3.5d, Clownshoe, Tesla 3

Just a car, but a lot of money. If you're NOT excited about something you spent a lot of money on, you're doing something wrong!
Appreciate 0