E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > How are brake fluid changed?

10-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Bimmer325
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Question How are brake fluid changed?

just curious since my brake fluid and microfilter is due, getting more info before bringing in my car to the dealership.

how are brake fluid changed/ flushed?

remove all 4 wheels and dismantle all brake hose/ line, drain the old fluid before filling up new fluid?

and where is the microfilter located?

thanks
325i Arctics M-Sport, Gray Leather with Alu Trim, ///M DCT Paddleshift, ///M Gear Knob, BBS LM-R 19", Michelin PS2, KW V2, H&R Anti Roll Bars, BMW Performance Air Intake System, 3D Front Lip, ACS Roof Spoiler, OEM Boot Spoiler, Osram 6000K, Brex White Ring, PIAA 6200K HID Fog, PIAA License Plate LED, BMS Powerbox
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
There are 2 ways to do the brake flush

1. With a vacum bleeder, vacumm the old fluid form the reservoir, fill it with new fluid. Then put a container with new fluid upside down on the reservoir, lift the car in the air and use the vacumm bleeder to vacumm the old fluid from each of the lines.

2. Using a pressure bleeder, connected to the brake fluid reservoir and pressurizing the system then bleed each line as new fluid gets pressurized into the system..

Microfilter is inside the rectangular housing between the engine/windshield sort of. No big deal to change. Just held in by 6 8mm screws and a few clips